We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing economy seat to premium AIR ASIA...can you do it ?

brisbane
reviews: 2
Changing economy seat to premium AIR ASIA...can you do it ?

Hi....I already have an economy seat from KL to Australia. I want to change to a premium seat. I can't seem to get the office staff here in Chiang Mai to understand or do it for me.

I don't want to 'upgrade'......with the the lottery system which admittedly is cheaper.

I want to book and pay for a premium seat.

I have done it before in Phuket but can't seem to get it across to the Chiang Mai staff...

Any thoughts....gratefully received..

Old Mike

australia
reviews: 17
1. Re: Changing economy seat to premium AIR ASIA...can you do it ?

Have you tried doing it on-line using manage my booking?

brisbane
2. Re: Changing economy seat to premium AIR ASIA...can you do it ?

I tried that but was unable to get my flight up with the reference and booking number that I have.... Even though I have a print out from the air asia office with those flights on it.

It seems the only flights in 'manage my booking' are the ones do e using my e mail number ??? This flight I booked over the counter at the chiang mai air asia office at the airport....who a,so said they couldn't change my seat from economy to premium....

So I'm lost....

australia
reviews: 17
3. Re: Changing economy seat to premium AIR ASIA...can you do it ?

https://twitter.com/askairasia

try them on twitter

http://www.airasia.com/my/en/live-chat.page

or live chat, they may message Chang Mai and tell them how to do it

Edited: 6:48 am, January 17, 2013
Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 61
4. Re: Changing economy seat to premium AIR ASIA...can you do it ?

To use Manage my Booking facilities of any airline you generally need to register as a member. Nothing to stop you doing that now with AirAsia at https:/… then once you have successfully registered log into Manage My Booking at the same page and you should be able to access your flight and go through Change Seats process to upgrade to Premium.

The AirAsia in Bangkok is very helpful and has staff very proficient in English who will help you. It is worth a phone call to them on +66 2 515 9999

brisbane
5. Re: Changing economy seat to premium AIR ASIA...can you do it ?

Thanks but I am a member....other bookings come up but not this one because I didn't book it using my e mail address....it's just not there!

Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
6. Re: Changing economy seat to premium AIR ASIA...can you do it ?

Then I'd suggest phoning the Bangkok Contact Centre.

brisbane
7. Re: Changing economy seat to premium AIR ASIA...can you do it ?

Just for other's information.....the man at my hotel...a Thai man...kindly went down to the Air Asia office and tried for me. They told him it can't be done! Amazing! The answer he came back with was that it was a 'different computer system' ..... Whatever that means...

Ah well.....

Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
8. Re: Changing economy seat to premium AIR ASIA...can you do it ?

You could always go a bit early to check in and see if you can pay for one if available then.

9. Re: Changing economy seat to premium AIR ASIA...can you do it ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 19, 2014