We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Auckland - 3 adults and a baby

London, United...
reviews: 45
Travelling to Auckland - 3 adults and a baby

Travelling to Auckland to visit my daughter end Dec 2013 with my other daughter, husband and what will be their 10 month old baby planning on coming along.

Would welcome suggestions as to best routes / stopovers etc.

Would really only prefer 1 stopover as any will take time away from the amount of time we can spend daughter number 1.

Thanks

UK
reviews: 88
1. Re: Travelling to Auckland - 3 adults and a baby

Dont go via the USA. Immigration and customs hassle and pointlessly spending money on ESTA's (though that's probably dwarfed by price difference between routes and airlines anyway)

You don't need to have any stopovers, so thats up to you. Plug your dates into itamtrix and see what comes out. Then book with airline. Or, see Trailfinders. At this stage there are no other third parties I'd trust.

Edited: 3:39 pm, January 16, 2013
Hong Kong, China
reviews: 130
2. Re: Travelling to Auckland - 3 adults and a baby

Perhaps one of the middle eastern airlines like Emirates (maybe 2 stops as they might do Auckland via Australia), Etihad, etc. Also, Asian carriers like Singapore (excellent with children), Cathay, Malaysia etc.

itamtrix is a good search engine, and also try skyscanner.net, as you can specify how many stops you want to do.

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 89
3. Re: Travelling to Auckland - 3 adults and a baby

I would recommend Singapore Airlines, one stop only and great facilities at Singapore (Changi) Airport.

They are an excellent airline and are consistently good.

UK
reviews: 88
4. Re: Travelling to Auckland - 3 adults and a baby

Just for clarity when I wrote "You don't need to have any stopovers" I was meaning extended stays, eg an overnight or longer stay.

Obviously (??) any plane will make a refuelling or changeover stop, depending, but I'm not counting that as what you meant by a stopover.

Cala d'Or, Spain
5. Re: Travelling to Auckland - 3 adults and a baby

Also agree with Joe regarding Trailfinders. Have used them many times and always get great service and advice.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 7
6. Re: Travelling to Auckland - 3 adults and a baby

If they go via Singapore, might I make a suggestion, given they'll have a very long flight and have a baby with them? It might not be a bad idea to consider breaking the journey with X hours in the transit hotel at Changi (there's one in each terminal). We stayed there a few years back (just overnight) and it was brilliant to be able to have a shower or three and sleep in a proper bed with lovely cotton sheets. We did it on our way to the UK, our flight the next morning departed at 9am and we arrived at LHR feeling not bad at all. If I was flying economy again (perish the thought lol) and transitting in Singapore, that'd be the way I'd do it. It wasn't expensive either, not for the comfort and ability to shower and relax.

Cala d'Or, Spain
7. Re: Travelling to Auckland - 3 adults and a baby

The Transit Hotel is a great idea and is somewhere to freshen up and look after the little one.

8. Re: Travelling to Auckland - 3 adults and a baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 19, 2014