We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel business class or not

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 15
travel business class or not

I'm flying Etihad to Abu Dhabi from Sydney tempted to upgrade to business class for a treat is it worth it? Or a waste of $

48 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 53
1. Re: travel business class or not

"Worth it" is a question only you can answer. Personally I wouldn't think twice - haven't flown international economy for a number of years and will do just about anything to avoid it now. But I have also never had to pay full business class fares. always managed through a combination of using miles or finding heavily discounted business flights...

London
reviews: 10
2. Re: travel business class or not

Depends on how much the extra is worth to you.

If you're tempted you can clearly afford it.

Have you ever flown business before? If not flying business could "spoil" you and could cost you more in the long run :p

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
3. Re: travel business class or not

I note that you didn't put a question mark at the end of your thread title- which makes sense 'cos it can't be a serious question! :-)

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
reviews: 271
4. Re: travel business class or not

If you can afford it fly business class .

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Negril
reviews: 93
5. Re: travel business class or not

Business class has its perks for sure, if you can I would, wife and I always fly business class, haven't been in economy for some time now but try business if you can, it's a nice experience.

London, United...
reviews: 5
6. Re: travel business class or not

As the previous responses have indicated, it is only you who can ultimately determine whether the additional cost of Business Class is worth it, to you. For a more realistic response, you might tell us your annual after tax income and the value of your total assets so that we can better advise you.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
7. Re: travel business class or not

As Little_Wong said, once you have flown business you will have difficulty dealing with economy.

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 8
8. Re: travel business class or not

If you have the money to spare then go for it. Why not? You only live once!

Canada
reviews: 27
9. Re: travel business class or not

Yes , definitely Business class

But as others have pointed out....it is not merely the fare difference on this trip.....but for the rest of your traveling days.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 52
10. Re: travel business class or not

For a more realistic response, you might tell us your annual after tax income and the value of your total assets so that we can better advise you.

Even if the guy were to divulge such information (I certainly wouldn't!) then it doesn't make any difference, it's still down to personal choice. I work with people making seven figures (USD) who won't fly business class and I'm sure there are people out there going broke to do it!

Reply to: travel business class or not
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted