We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair prices!!!

Glasgow, Scotland
reviews: 30
Ryanair prices!!!

is it me or has anyone else who has been checking prices noticed that Ryanair prices are extortionate this year?

By the time you add on their inflated extras, they will not be any cheaper than many mainstream airlines!!

uk
reviews: 195
1. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

Bears in the woods will be surprised by this...... I don't fly Ryanair because I find BA is often cheaper, but I don't think you canj call the airline extortionate.

Supply.

Demand.

Freedom to fly another airline.

Edited: 3:22 am, January 13, 2013
UK
reviews: 13
2. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

And your point is???

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
3. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

The point is - do your homework! Just because an airline claims to be cheapest it pays to check 'like for like' to ensure you get the best deal.

It used to be the same in Australia when Virgin started as a LCC. Often Qantas was as cheap when you added the extras in.

Edited: 5:07 am, January 13, 2013
4. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, January 13, 2013
UK
reviews: 13
5. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

Numbat, but you should do that with almost anything you buy.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
6. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

In my experience, prices have been slowly increasing in years on the route I fly.

united kingdom
reviews: 2
7. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

all depends from where you fly from , i live in cornwall but 9/10 fly from bristol as flying out of exeter is really expensive

Leicester, United...
reviews: 1
8. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

"In my experience, prices have been slowly increasing in years on the route I fly."

Me too. But then, they have also been increasing on the transatlantic routes I fly. Last year and particularly this have been shocking.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 221
9. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

There seems to be a growing realisation that LCC's are no longer always cheaper than full service airlines.

Maybe this has been helped by legislation that forces full prices to be displaye dearlier int he booking process (obviously depending on the jurisdiction where you live), rather than extra being continually added on during the process.

But, at the end of the day, it is as reply #1 says, all part of supply,d emand, competition and yield managemnt.

Leicester, United...
reviews: 1
10. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

Unfortunately, on the two routes where I use Ryanair (Stansted-Brno and Stansted-Alghero) there is no competition.