We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best airline to fly from US to LHR??

Oklahoma City...
reviews: 1
Best airline to fly from US to LHR??

I am going to England in June this year and would welcome feedback on which airlines are the best value for money. I have always used BA in the past but they are so expensive I am game to try another airline this time. Any info/thoughts would be great. Thanks

25 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
1. Re: Best airline to fly from US to LHR??

In economy, virtually all the airlines are the same. There isn't much to differentiate them. I find Lufthansa to be very cramped in economy due to the extra seat recline. United gives you the opportunity to purchase extended legroom. Everything else is the same.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 344
2. Re: Best airline to fly from US to LHR??

Flying from/to Oklahoma? Only LHR or would you also consider LGW? You might first check fares on dates you want to travel and then come back with names of those within your budget. Of course, if price is no object, your question changes.

Edited: 11:13 am, January 12, 2013
Jacksonville...
reviews: 199
3. Re: Best airline to fly from US to LHR??

I think Virgin and Delta are the best out of a very mediocre bunch....

If you're going economy, I prefer Virgin.

Oklahoma City...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Best airline to fly from US to LHR??

Ben, just interested in why you prefer Virgin for economy travel. I have never flown with them but would be open to doing so.

Florida
reviews: 33
5. Re: Best airline to fly from US to LHR??

We enjoyed Continental and would schedule our trip just to use that airline. But, now that it has merged with United, it may not be the same.

Jacksonville...
reviews: 199
6. Re: Best airline to fly from US to LHR??

Great customer service, "ok" food (no such thing as good food flying economy), and I liked the seat-back entertainment systems.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
7. Re: Best airline to fly from US to LHR??

Flying to Gatwick would mean using BA or VS from Orlando, as the US flights from CLT to LGW have moved to Heathrow.

Have a look at fares from New York or Baltimore/Washington with Icelandair. KEF is a nice airport at which to connect, FI have improved seats and IFE in Economy, and fares may be within your budget.

madeira
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
reviews: 23
8. Re: Best airline to fly from US to LHR??

Virgin gets my vote

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 148
9. Re: Best airline to fly from US to LHR??

My vote is always with BA. They provide the best service and the most routes. They fly from 20+ US Airports into London.

Mason City, Iowa
reviews: 101
10. Re: Best airline to fly from US to LHR??

Delta business class has the nice lay flat seats. Also, premium comfort makes the journey tolerable. Wouldn't want to fly coach unless exit row seat on any airline.

Reply to: Best airline to fly from US to LHR??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted