We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monarch refund

stoke-on-trent
reviews: 1
monarch refund

i was travelling from Palma on 08/09/2012 monarch flight ZB535 it was delayed for 7 hours i am claiming compensation from them just wondered is anyone else ?

20 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: monarch refund

Good luck, Monarch appears to be consistently ignoring compensation claims.

Winchester, UK
reviews: 14
2. Re: monarch refund

Yes - I'm claiming for a delay of just over 14 hours from Sharm to Gatwick last April.

I originally complained in May, and resumed correspondence in October. They've had my forms since the beginning of November and - despite saying that they'll deal with it in 6-8 weeks - I've yet to hear anything.

Oddly, reading the various bulletin boards, no one seems to have had a substantive response from Monarch yet, beyond a terse acknowledgment. Other airlines, of course, have been paying out for some time.

Very odd - and very poor.

stoke-on-trent
3. Re: monarch refund

Thank you I phoned monarch this am and was told it was in operations dept it will then be passed to legal they are saying up to two months but no def answer

I was worried they were trying to get out of it

UK
reviews: 81
4. Re: monarch refund

Thank you I phoned monarch this am and was told it was in operations dept it will then be passed to legal they are saying up to two months but no def answer

I was worried they were trying to get out of it

=======

Errm, they are. They know what teh status of each flight was, either they think they are liable or not, it shouldn't take 8 minutes let alone weeks to work that out, each flight should have a yes/no/see you in court answer ready even before claims come in.

Skip all that waiting and send them a letter informing them of your claim and that if no money in 14 days, small claims procedure will follow immediately.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
5. Re: monarch refund

"I was worried they were trying to get out of it"

Based on other people's experiences, that's exactly what they are by not even responding to claims.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
6. Re: monarch refund

Once they have received the claims forms, Monarch are working through them in date order, starting with the oldest flights first I presume. I think they, along with Thomson and TC, have had an influx of claims going back 6 years. People didn't seem to know about the EU compensation till last year when the ruling was upheld, and are now claiming in their thousands.

Winchester, UK
reviews: 14
7. Re: monarch refund

LeylandSundaddict is being generous. Other airlines have started to pay out - including big players like British Airways and Easyjet. Yet I can find no evidence that anyone has had a substantive response from Monarch from their claim forms - at all! Why is that, I wonder?

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
8. Re: monarch refund

Thomas Cook aren't paying out either.

stoke-on-trent
9. Re: monarch refund

Thanks for your info I contacted civil aviation authority this am they said most airlines were taking a long time for claims as they go back 6years but they would help if it went on to long

Melbourne, Australia
10. Re: monarch refund

Monarch is playing hard to get.

And the CAA UK?

"The UK Government requires that the CAA’s costs are met entirely from its charges on those whom it regulates".

So, where do we go from here?

Reply to: monarch refund
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted