We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to review Opodo bad booking ?

Union City...
where to review Opodo bad booking ?

I can not find where to post review for Opodo, just post here:

Horrible experience with Opodo booking

I booked with Opodo on 12/18/2012 for traveling on 12/24 between two Brazilian cities. They sent a confirmation notice and issued e-tickets details the same day as the booking. Since I later did not get any contact from them either by email or phone call. I presumed the ticketing had been made.. But when the three of us went to check in early morning 12/24, the plane carrier could not found our ticket information and said our tickets were not in their system. Stunned , we spend 3-4 hours tried to contact Opodo to get an explanation and rebook the tickets at the airport. However, Opodo replied that our ticket booking was cancelled on 12/19 and had e-mailed the same day the cancellation. But I could not find any cancellation email in my Inbox or Spam.

Opodo could not book any ticket for us until after new year. We were stuck at a foreign airport without any help from Opodo. Luckily enough, we finally ourselves booked ticket to leave the airport on 12/25 Christmas day, but we have to stay 1 night in hotel, taxi transportation, and other expenses.When we got home we contacted Opodo about this miserable experience and ask for some compensation. They denied their fault and gave excuses, one by one.

First they said they had notified me about the cancellation, and the payment was refunded; they have never been able to show the original cancellation email although we requested many times. Then they said there was a system error/ technical issue. Yesterday, 1/8/2013, they said it was due to the credit card payment being declined [the card has very high, much more than enough credit limit]. Ridiculous, every email from them was a lie.

If they made a mistake and caused a customer's damage, they should admit it and compensate it, but they just lied and blamed customers.

47 replies to this topic
Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
1. Re: where to review Opodo bad booking ?

Unfortunately this is another case which backs up what a lot of us have been saying for some time now, if at all possible book directly with the airline, 3rd parties are ok if nothing goes wrong and there are no flight changes or cancellations etc but when there's a problem you'll find it's very difficult to get any help or compensation.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
2. Re: where to review Opodo bad booking ?

Opodo and Edreams are now part of the same company and so must be avoided at all costs.

It would seem that Opodo are now playing the same games as Edreams.

Book direct with the airline

Jackie

London, United...
reviews: 23
3. Re: where to review Opodo bad booking ?

I do wonder if all flight bookings made with opodo, are now internally handled by edreams. It would appear likely following other threads.

As such, unless opodo gets edreams into order, then opodo is going to have the same rep as edreams.

Not that it probably matters, it would appear people will always use them if the price looks right.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
4. Re: where to review Opodo bad booking ?

"I booked with Opodo on 12/18/2012 for traveling on 12/24 between two Brazilian cities. They sent a confirmation notice and issued e-tickets details the same day as the booking. "

I doubt etickets were ever issued. At such short notice, my guess is you booked at a price that wasn't available and your booking was cancelled before a ticket was issued. Aside from the advice about booking direct from the airline already given, *if* you book from a third party, *always* follow up with the airline to confirm your booking.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Negril
reviews: 86
5. Re: where to review Opodo bad booking ?

yes, confirm, confirm, you waited 5/6 days and showed up at the airport without confirming, put a lot of stress on you, next time call or confirm your reservation.

Leicester, United...
6. Re: where to review Opodo bad booking ?

Hi

Please let me know your reference number and I will look into this for you and contact you via the details in your booking.

Best regards

Opodo

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
7. Re: where to review Opodo bad booking ?

Union City, now that Opodo has shown up let us know the outcome.

london
reviews: 2
8. Re: where to review Opodo bad booking ?

I recently travelled to iceland- opodo made and admitted an error in notifying us of a flight schedule change. We missed the flight and opodo got us on a flight some 8 hours later. I am in contact with them now as I have incurred expenses as a result of the error. I was worried on reading the reviews but their customer service advisor amanda reid is at the moment being extremely helpful! I am more than hopeful that my complaint will be quickly resolved.

Edited: 6:02 pm, January 21, 2013
Europe
reviews: 36
9. Re: where to review Opodo bad booking ?

I join those who say NEVER use Opodo - such a bad experience.

Opodo nearly made our recent trip to Valencia from Brussels a disaster.

First of all, they accepted a booking for a Vueling flight on a Wednesday, only to realise there was no flight on the Wednesday, so sent a message without explanation that the flight would be on the Friday instead.

Then, when we turned up at the airport on Friday, they had failed to book us on the flight, and only a very persistent agent from Avia Partners managed to broker a deal between Opodo and Vueling.

Opodo = Disaster.

Edited: 4:44 pm, February 18, 2013
London, United...
10. Re: where to review Opodo bad booking ?

A BAD experience with OPODO! They double charged me on booking fees blaming their supplier EDREAMS. I was overcharged on flights too by booking through them. Thankfully I noticed on my bank statements, many people might not. If OPODO know that this has happened in the past, why are they not doing something about it. It took me nearly two months for them to accept that i was owed a refund (which I am still yet to see) and NO APOLOGY at all. I will never be booking through OPODO again.

Reply to: where to review Opodo bad booking ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted