We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

emirates change of flight

London, United...
reviews: 1
emirates change of flight

Flying to dubai on feb 7th on a non changeable ticket, I've been advised that there will be a £135.00 charge each to change our tickets to the night before flight, and I know they won't change it over the phone foc but has anyone gone to check in and asked if they can be transferred with either no charge or foc. It seems crazy to me that if the seats are empty that you can't just trf to them. Was thinking of taking a chance, appreciate any advice. Thanks Mariag

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
1. Re: emirates change of flight

I'm confused. You've bought a non-changeable ticket that can be changed?

Melbourne
reviews: 7
2. Re: emirates change of flight

So....you're asking if you just turn up for the flight the night before, if they will let you onto that flight instead of the one you've actually booked the following day with no charge?

Not going to happen. And then what a waste of a trip to the airport.

australia
reviews: 17
3. Re: emirates change of flight

Yes Numbat there are some airlines out there that still allow you to change a non-refundable ticket...you just can't cancel it and get your money back. Customer service still prevails

Maria...Don't like your chances it may end up as a wasted trip to the airport...you would be amazed at how many tickets are purchased last minute..there may no longer be any seats left

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
4. Re: emirates change of flight

I know you can change a non-refundable ticket, but OP states her ticket is 'non changeable'.

I note that she originally posted this question in the Dubai form and got the same answer that she's getting here.

London
reviews: 21
5. Re: emirates change of flight

I should have flown today with Emirates to India. I had to change my plans do to health of elderly relative. Emirates gave me option of changing date of travel for £75 or cancelling ticket with penalty fee of £100. By chance my ticket price for next month is £120 less than I paid. So I cancelled and rebooked for next month, which ended up with saving £20.

Its waste of time just going to airport Maria, Did you book direct with Emirates or through an agent. If direct with Emirates, would give them another call to discuss your options.

australia
reviews: 17
6. Re: emirates change of flight

I know you can change a non-refundable ticket, but OP states her ticket is 'non changeable'.

My bad I read it as non-refundable....you can change Emirates tickets

London, United...
7. Re: emirates change of flight

Hi as our flight is early morning and we;d have to leave at a ridiculous time we thought we'd check into a cheap hotel the night before anyway so if it doesn't pay off we can stay there.

London, United...
8. Re: emirates change of flight

Hi , yes was advised to post in air forum as might more experiences of this type of exchange.

London, United...
9. Re: emirates change of flight

Hi I've booked with emirates direct but as my ticket price has gone up only by £70 they want to charge that plus the admin fee it just seems crazy as the day we fly out those tickets are now £180 more surely if they trf us back a day that would release our two seats and enable them to charge them at a higher price.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 40
10. Re: emirates change of flight

As I said on your Dubai thread I've had to change my ticket a few times with EK and they charged £70 to change the dates per ticket each time.