We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thompson Dreamliner Delayed.

Harrogate, United...
reviews: 5
Thompson Dreamliner Delayed.

I have heard that today travel companies have been informed that the Thompson Dreamliner from UK will not operate until late this year or, next year. Bookings for this aircraft now seem not to be available for 2013.

Chester, United...
reviews: 53
1. Re: Thompson Dreamliner Delayed.

Does not surprise me as this has been rumoured for some time

Harrogate, United...
2. Re: Thompson Dreamliner Delayed.

Quite possibly something to do with the electrical faults that have recently been on the news.

Harrogate, United...
3. Re: Thompson Dreamliner Delayed.

BBC news are reporting this evening, fresh safety scare over Dreamliner.

Harrogate, United...
4. Re: Thompson Dreamliner Delayed.

BBC news are reporting this evening, fresh safety scare over Dreamliner.

Edited: 6:51 pm, January 08, 2013
Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
5. Re: Thompson Dreamliner Delayed.

Not according to Thomsons

…yahoo.com/boeing-787-dreamliner-catches-fir…

Dreamliner flights are bookable on Thomsons website (not that aircraft type is ever guaranteed).

One of Thomsons has the engines attached and two more are well down the production line. Unless the FAA ground the aircraft I would think production will carry on as normal and they were still doing test flights yesterday.

It would be a first though if a travel agent actually gave out some correct information!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
reviews: 61
6. Re: Thompson Dreamliner Delayed.

Might be a first if a travel agent gave out correct information!

From my airline days, I have heard nothing from employee friends about any grounding. Most new aircraft have startup problems. The Airbus 380 certainly did.

Newton Abbot...
reviews: 7
7. Re: Thompson Dreamliner Delayed.

If Thomson's Dreamliner doesn't take to the air on schedule then they'll need to put on two aircraft (have they got the slots) to accommodate the Dreamliner's passengers or, bounce a lot of people.

Chester, United...
reviews: 53
8. Re: Thompson Dreamliner Delayed.

See latest announcements

prweek.com/uk/…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20988117

All I can say is that I am glad we opted not to fly with Thomson on our next trip to Mexico in June

I think this story still has a bit to run

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
9. Re: Thompson Dreamliner Delayed.

After the investigations are complete, if there is any doubt, the aircraft will be grounded. Time will tell. All being well I'm having a week away April, and am hoping to get on one of the short haul flights.

If they had to use the ex Thomsonfly 767s they seat 283 and the Dreamliner 291, so only a difference of 8 seats, but a difference of 16 premium seats. Hopefully it won't come to bumping passengers.

Donni
reviews: 14
10. Re: Thompson Dreamliner Delayed.

We've only booked Mexico in May so we can go on the dreamliner as it's hubby birthday.

Thomson's also charged us extra for it!