We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Shot - Anyone flown Norwegian.com bcn-lgw?

London
reviews: 27
Long Shot - Anyone flown Norwegian.com bcn-lgw?

Hi

As question states really? Has anyone flown this route with Norwegian before. Flights are coming out only £40pp for August. They are coming up as 'shuttle flight' whatever that is.

Haven't heard much about this company before - granted its a short flight but got my kids this time so what to make sure things are OK.

Thanks in advance

8 replies to this topic
Bergen
reviews: 22
1. Re: Long Shot - Anyone flown Norwegian.com bcn-lgw?

Norwegian is a very good low cost airline with one of the newest fleet 737 - 800. All aircraft have internet connection.

I have had many flights with Norwegian and are very pleased with the airline which is one of the fastest growing low cost airline in Europe.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
2. Re: Long Shot - Anyone flown Norwegian.com bcn-lgw?

Norwegian start flights from LGW 31MAR13, so nobody have flown this route yet.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
3. Re: Long Shot - Anyone flown Norwegian.com bcn-lgw?

Have flown Norwegian several times and found them to be fine. Their business model is somewhere between that of the LCC's and the full service airlines. They are fairly big and for their size I don't see a lot of complaints about them.

London
4. Re: Long Shot - Anyone flown Norwegian.com bcn-lgw?

Oh i see...its a new routing. Thanks for the replies. I also see from reviews I have read they seem like a decent outfit. thanks again.

wolverhampton
reviews: 9
5. Re: Long Shot - Anyone flown Norwegian.com bcn-lgw?

I've just booked the first flight out of Gatwick with this airline! Easter Sunday to Palma for less than £90 return. Surely it can't be any worse than some of our other low cost airlines. One point of interest - was told over the phone it's £10 each way for hold luggage but the website shows as more expensive than that.

I will post when/should I return!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
6. Re: Long Shot - Anyone flown Norwegian.com bcn-lgw?

Like most carriers who charge for a bag it depends on which flight you are on

norwegian.com/nl/…

London
7. Re: Long Shot - Anyone flown Norwegian.com bcn-lgw?

Just thought I'd come back to report. Well the check-in queue at barcelona was very long. Thier is no option for online checkIn which in this day an age is abit silly. So those checking in bags are in the line as well as those with hand luggage. They weigh all luggage, i was under 10kg, but for those maybe trying to chance bringing a heavier case I wouldn't bother as you'll get caught out.

Didn't notice any cages thier to check baggage sizes. Flight left 20 mins late. Don't know why, no explanation given, not a major thing though. Nice comfortable leather seats with decent leg room (better than vueling who I flew to barcelona with) on board wifi was good but at times patchy. Pilot very informative - we were all commenting on how 'cockney' he sounded. Think Michael Caine and that's about right. Being right at the back I assumed we'd be last off the plane, but they opened up the back so that was handy also.

Would fly with them again and only paying £36.00 for the one way journey made it even more sweet.

wolverhampton
reviews: 9
8. Re: Long Shot - Anyone flown Norwegian.com bcn-lgw?

The Norweigan.com flight to Palma wass uneventful. The plane was smart with leather seats and ample leg room. I take on board the previous comment about the check-in. It was my fist time from Gatwick and I was not impressed with the airport at all. Not sure if the single queueing system was down toi Gatwick or the airline but it was really stupid. The queue blocked entrance/exit areas and initially I spent 20 minutes in the wrong queue with nobody to ask for advice. The check-in staff and flight attendants were all English who explained that although the airline is new to the UK there are plans afoot to branch out big time! No delays BTW.

Reply to: Long Shot - Anyone flown Norwegian.com bcn-lgw?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted