We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Atlantic Allocated seating

uk
reviews: 29
Virgin Atlantic Allocated seating

My wife and I are flying Gatwick to Cancun as part of a holiday booked with Virgin Holidays. I managed to pre allocate P.E seats in the Bubble on Virgin Atlantics web site.

I have just noticed it states "For these seats to be honoured OLCI needs to be completed at least 13 hours before flight departure time". As I have never done OLCI nor will have access to a PC or new type phones ect, does this mean when I arrive at check in my seat may well have gone ?

This is only for the return fight as I will be doing night before check in on the outbound flight.

Many Many Thanks for any help.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
1. Re: Virgin Atlantic Allocated seating

These are only seat requests - the airline ... all airlines ... reserve the right to re-allocate, usually no later than check-in.

We flew PE on VS to Delhi, 2nd row of PE as originally "dibbed" on the way out, but we were early to check in on the way back and when they saw me in a wheelchair they gave us the first row (had dibs on the second).

So, I'd say the odds are probably in favour of you keeping these seats, but I'd not out any money on it!

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 90
2. Re: Virgin Atlantic Allocated seating

OP - can't you have the concierge at your hotel check you in? There must be a computer where you are staying.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 187
3. Re: Virgin Atlantic Allocated seating

I agree with gracie-boo. Also, internet cafes are all over.

UK
reviews: 89
4. Re: Virgin Atlantic Allocated seating

This is only for the return fight as I will be doing night before check in on the outbound flight.

=====

Is that 13+ hours before? I would check in before you leave home just to be on the safe side. Anyway, so what if you've never done it before, If you can post on this website, you can do OLCI, its no more difficult.

I've never been to cancun but I bet you can find a terminal or internet access with no bother at all there, its hardly the third world !

Edited: 1:10 pm, January 06, 2013
uk
reviews: 29
5. Re: Virgin Atlantic Allocated seating

Thanks for your replies, Pretty obvious I suppose, I just did not think of that.

Could I also ask if I do OLCI for the return journey ,how do I obtain boarding cards, do I go to normal check in desk ?

Many Thanks

Warrington, United...
6. Re: Virgin Atlantic Allocated seating

I did online check in at the hotel in Las Vegas for my return flight to Manchester last year.

You need access to a printer to print the boarding pass, so the hotel reception did the check in for me.

IIRC online check in only opens 24 hours before the flight, I did mine the day before my flight.

I got my allocated seat on the flight out, but not on the way back. Luckily it was still an aisle seat, but was right next to the galley.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
7. Re: Virgin Atlantic Allocated seating

You need not print boarding passes when using OLCI unless it is an airline requirement (qv Ryanair). If you will have bags to check then you can collect boarding passes at the airport when dropping off the bags - simples.

I never print boarding passes and haven't yet had any problems obtaining one at an airport check in desk.

UK
reviews: 89
8. Re: Virgin Atlantic Allocated seating

With just about everyone (except Ryanair) when you do OLCI you are given the option to print your boarding passes, save them as PDF, email them, or you can do nothing and pick them up at bag drop.

Kent, England
reviews: 31
9. Re: Virgin Atlantic Allocated seating

I've been wondering the same thing too. Because of my working hours before me outbound flight I'm not gonna have a chance to check in online so I wonder whether ny seats will be honoured

10. Re: Virgin Atlantic Allocated seating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 10, 2014