We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysia airlines flight

Lytham St Anne's...
reviews: 14
Malaysia airlines flight

Hi, please can anyone tell me if I can find out anywhere what we plane we will be travelling on with Malaysia airlines. I came across a link when we flew to the USA with Thomas Cook a couple of years ago so just wondered if you can do the same with Malaysia?

Thanks

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 24
1. Re: Malaysia airlines flight

At the risk of being called 'picky', could I suggestion you include origin and destination ports in your query? And a flight number if you have one.

Edited: 6:28 pm, January 05, 2013
Lytham St Anne's...
2. Re: Malaysia airlines flight

Lol! i wouldn't call you picky at all, sorry for leaving helpful info out, it's been a long day!

Our flight is MH0001, 22/3/13 LHR-KL-PER

cheers

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
3. Re: Malaysia airlines flight

When you do a search on the Malaysia site, if you click on the flight number it will tell you about the plane.

MH1 is an A380. Your onward flight to PER is on an A330.

Lytham St Anne's...
4. Re: Malaysia airlines flight

thank you for that, I have been on the website and tried to search under 'manage my booking' but it says it's currently under development and bookings made before 25/10/12 will be inaccessible on the website, so that rules me out I'm afraid!

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
reviews: 9
5. Re: Malaysia airlines flight

There are cabin reviews for the MAS A380 here (the economy seating looks a bit tight with only a 6" recline)

ausbt.com.au/malaysia-airlines-starts-daily-…

Edited: 1:46 am, January 06, 2013
Lytham St Anne's...
6. Re: Malaysia airlines flight

thanks for that blutek, just wish I could afford business class!

Madrid
reviews: 7
7. Re: Malaysia airlines flight

By the dates of your flight Malaysia should be a full member of Oneworld.Collect the frequent flyer miles,then use them for a future upgrade,or a partner airline flight.You may be surprised what a long flight can yield.

Lytham St Anne's...
8. Re: Malaysia airlines flight

thanks rapidex, I will look into that

South Yorkshire...
reviews: 22
9. Re: Malaysia airlines flight

Hi

I flew LHR-KL in October 2012 on Malaysia. Outward on B747 - this was OK but the plane was showing its age. cabin crew, food, entertainment were great.

Return from KL-LHR on A380 - we sat upstairs as the back 3rd or so is economy. Seat configuration is 2-4-2. These are new planes so are very smart and up to date - there is plenty of leg room - I am 5 10- and the seats have good recline. seat back TV is larger than 747 and there is a huge on demand movie, tv choice - I watcheced 3 films on the way back and you can start any film, programme etc from the beginning. Again food and service were great - the back has 2 if not 3 toilets for a smallish economy cabin. Best long haul flight we have taken.

hope this helps.

Edited: 6:47 am, January 07, 2013
Lytham St Anne's...
10. Re: Malaysia airlines flight

thanks, I do hope we are on a 380!