We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to find info on rerouted flight

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 10
how to find info on rerouted flight

ive been on flight stats and cannot find the right info, our flight tcx781 in 2010 was rerouted after 3 hours flying out to fly back to manchester then back out to turkey, where do i find the right info for this, flight stats only show the flight departing on time. any help will be appriciated,

London
reviews: 34
1. Re: how to find info on rerouted flight

Is this for a compo claim? ('I was delayed 3 hours, can I have my €600 please?)

You would need to provide much more information about what actually happened as it isn't at all clear from what you have written.

Google EU261/2004 for the relevant legislation.

Edited: 10:29 am, January 05, 2013
Madrid
reviews: 7
2. Re: how to find info on rerouted flight

If your flight diverted back to Manchester,and then departed Manchester again,it will have a different or ammended callsign,possibly with a suffix letter.

Manchester Airport will have records of what happened.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 10
3. Re: how to find info on rerouted flight

hi,

it was i couldnt find the right information, hopefully manchester will be able to help. yes i am going to try to claim compensation as that day we were married and spent our wedding night on a plane , we were told at the time (1 hour to landing at antalya!!) that there was a mechanical problem and we were returning to the uk,,, im no expert but if it was that dangerous wouldnt it have been safer and quicker to land us at antalya and not fly us all the way back to manchester,,,, not even cardiff our destination point,, we were kept at the gate there for another 2 hours with no refreshments or other explaination,,, then boarded and set off again for another 4 and half hour flight, with a free meal. any help from anyone would be appriciated. bb

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
4. Re: how to find info on rerouted flight

Check out the forum on Moneysavingexpert.com, there's a thread about delay compensation with lots of info. Be warned that Thomas Cook will not pay voluntarily and will do what they can can to deny and stall your claim. Court action may well be required in the end.

Madrid
reviews: 7
5. Re: how to find info on rerouted flight

1 hour to landing at antalya!!) that there was a mechanical problem and we were returning to the uk,,, im no expert but if it was that dangerous wouldnt it have been safer and quicker to land us at antalya and not fly us all the way back to manchester,,,

Probably not dangerous,just no spare part available in Antalya.Sounds like you have a claim.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
6. Re: how to find info on rerouted flight

You were delayed in 2010 and are just seeking compensation now?

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
7. Re: how to find info on rerouted flight

Claiming delay compensation in the UK has only recently been made possible.

Edited: 3:34 pm, January 13, 2013
8. Re: how to find info on rerouted flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 15, 2014