We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Australians booked with Zuji.com.au for Sth America

Perth, Australia
reviews: 98
Any Australians booked with Zuji.com.au for Sth America

We have priced our 5 flights around South America with a few websites and have found Zuji the cheapest.

Are there any Aussies out there that have booked their South. American flights through Zuji.com.au that can give me some feedback please.

All our flights are with LAN airlines.

Thanks

Pam

19 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: Any Australians booked with Zuji.com.au for Sth America

Zuji is to be avoided: just do a search on TA.

Townsville...
reviews: 16
2. Re: Any Australians booked with Zuji.com.au for Sth America

Have you tried booking the LAN flights through Qantas as a one world booking? This saved us heaps. Each sector is priced by mileage. It turned out to be the best decision for us.

I worked out what flights we wanted with LAN. Then I phoned Qantas and spoke to an operator. I told them I wanted to purchase a Oneworld SouthAmerica Pass and gave them the details of each flight. They priced it for me, I confirmed it and they went ahead and booked it. All done over the phone and then the itinerary was emailed to me.

The operator did tell me they do not sell many of these because not many people know about them. Booking through Qantas directly gave us a safety net so if things went wrong they would sort it out. As it was it all went very smoothly and we had a great trip.

It might be worth your while investigating if this would be of use to you. Otherwise I would book directly with LAN.

Coffs Harbour...
reviews: 136
3. Re: Any Australians booked with Zuji.com.au for Sth America

I have never booked Sth America Flights, but post #1 is totally off track. Zuji is wholly owned and operated by Travelocity, the biggest online travel retailer in the world. It has a AAA international Travel rating.

I agree with #2 that via QF using mileage Oneworld would be a good option, but just get tired of reading trashing of good companies (remember, all companies have issues at times)

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 7
4. Re: Any Australians booked with Zuji.com.au for Sth America

I'd give more credence to sydneynick's opinion, given he's been a longstanding member here for over 7 years. I'd also rather be dealing direct with Qantas/LAN than an online seller - if something goes wrong, it's much easier to resolve problems if one doesn't have to go through a third party.

Coffs Harbour...
reviews: 136
5. Re: Any Australians booked with Zuji.com.au for Sth America

Thank marmalade, I always forget that only people that have been on here for 7+ years have the right answers. However, I always give more validity to posters with high number of reviews (not posts) as it means they have actually travelled the world and bothered to inform others of their actual experiences.

I can't wait until I have been here 7+ years so my post can be considered as even sluightly relevant.

Melbourne...
reviews: 62
6. Re: Any Australians booked with Zuji.com.au for Sth America

What month are you going?

australia
reviews: 17
7. Re: Any Australians booked with Zuji.com.au for Sth America

lan.com/en_au/…

Looks like you can do the airpass direct yourself on the Lan Australian site see above

Their ready made passes look quite reasonably priced too

Edited: 5:55 pm, January 05, 2013
australia
reviews: 17
8. Re: Any Australians booked with Zuji.com.au for Sth America

Looks a bit tricky though you may end up with a couple of flights missing if you don't do it properly. I'd book them through Qantas

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
9. Re: Any Australians booked with Zuji.com.au for Sth America

"remember, all companies have issues at times"

But some sure have more issues than others.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 63
10. Re: Any Australians booked with Zuji.com.au for Sth America

I have not had any experience with zuji.com.au, but I thought I would tell you about the best deal I found for my South America trip in 2012.

For our flights from Brisbane, Qantas offered the best deal initially until I looked at www.expedia.com.au Their quote was exactly half the cost of Qantas! I thought it was too good to be true but it wasn’t. Our tickets had LAN flight numbers on them but we actually flew with Qantas (LAN codeshare with Qantas).

When we came to book our internal South American flights, I once again looked at all the online sites and again www.expedia.com.au offered the best deal using Sky Airlines. Everything went smoothly with Sky Airlines; no problems at all and the cost of our tickets was half the price of LAN Pass quote.

We did not have any additional 'surprise' costs like booking fees or baggage fees.

Reply to: Any Australians booked with Zuji.com.au for Sth America
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted