We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting at JFK

Dublin
Connecting at JFK

Is it possible to make this connection? Delta changed our flight from shannon to jfk by an hour which gives us a short connecting time.

Departs:

10:45 am from Shannon, Ireland

Arrives:

12:50 pm at New York - Kennedy, New York

Departs:

2:00 pm from New York - Kennedy, New York

Arrives:

5:30 pm at San Francisco, California

To my knowledge apparently we arrive into terminal 4 and depart terminal 3. Would you definitely miss This connection if you got in on time? We have the option to rebook to leave jfk at 4pm instead but get in way later . Thanks

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 192
1. Re: Connecting at JFK

You will clear U.S. Immigration and Customs in Shannon. If you are on time you will easily make this connection. While all of us DL travelers are anxiously awaiting the new terminal at JFK, 3 and 4 are connected to you shouldn't have to leave the secured area. I will warn you, it is a labyrinth. Just follow the signs and keep on walking.

Good luck.

Dublin
2. Re: Connecting at JFK

Terminal 3 and 4 are only connected by AirTran in the unsecured area ?? Please help i am really confused ..

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 192
3. Re: Connecting at JFK

Sorry, my bad, I was thinking 2 and 3. There's a secured shuttle from terminal 4 back to 2 and 3. I THINK it's out of gate B23 in terminal 4. I can't recall the frequency but it should be sufficient to get you there. It would be preferable to going outside and coming back through security.

White Plains, New...
reviews: 60
4. Re: Connecting at JFK

https:/…new-york-jfk.html

kentucky
reviews: 31
5. Re: Connecting at JFK

WWNYC--nice map! I was just going to explain to Kevin, but a picture says 1000 words. Wandering through T3 is a pain--I'm always tempted to pay for a ride...

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 17
6. Re: Connecting at JFK

I am trying to remember which airline in Terminal 4 provides a shuttle bus to passengers making connecting flights--and staying inside security ( airside) all the time. Post on NYC forums. Some one there will probably know. Otherwise, I would consider making the later flight--you can always hang out-but if you miss your flight, you will only be put on the later flight if there is room. BTW when is this trip--winter??

kentucky
reviews: 31
7. Re: Connecting at JFK

RDG--this is DL, as OP is flying with them. Airside bus is Gate B23, T4 to the often despised T3 @ Gate 11. Map shows route for DL pax airside.

OALs:

http://www.jfkiat.com/

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 51
8. Re: Connecting at JFK

I would not take this connection if I had any other choice. That shuttle to/from Terminal 4 is a fairly long trip, more than you would think!

I recently left the Sky Club in Terminal 3 with just over an hour before flight time (leaving from Terminal 4) and by the time I waited for the shuttle, and enjoyed the wandering path the shuttle takes between the terminals, I arrived at my gate just about 20 minutes before takeoff.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
reviews: 79
9. Re: Connecting at JFK

Think it would be ok, try it.

Walk fast, don't fool around.

10. Re: Connecting at JFK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, January 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions