These are definitely good to know points for anyone travelling with a person with reduced mobility and/or who needs mobility aids and medical equipment.
1. You can carry up to 2 pieces of mobility equipment e.g. wheelchair and wheeled walking frame - FREE OF CHARGE - You only need to register the wheelchair at time of booking. No need to ring the Special Asistance Line for the 2nd mobility item (walking frame). If you have missed this at the initial booking stage you can change the special assistance later under "manage my booking". Alternatively you can ring the Special Assistance Line on 0871 2460 003 which is charged at 10p per min. There are no alternative landline numbers for this (I've tried).
2. If you need to take extra medical supplies, e.g. incontinence pads, nebulisers etc., then the Special Assistance Line will allow you an extra 5kg FREE OF CHARGE
3. People requiring special assistance will be put in rows 27-32 at the back of the aircraft. They can get a special wheeled seat to get a disabled person along the aisle.
4. Ryan Air policy is to always seat an accompanying adult next to the person requiring Special Assistance.
5. People requiring Special Assistance are boarded LAST.
6. There are a maximum of 4 people requiring Special Assistance allowed on any one aircraft.
Hope this helps those disabled travellers out there as Ryan Air do not publicise this information.