We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WT+ seats on BA 747-400 70-Bus

Plano TX
reviews: 57
WT+ seats on BA 747-400 70-Bus

Hello everyone. I have a question regarding the seating layout for WT+ on BA's 747 299 passenger configuration (Flt 193 LHR-DFW). I have decided to purchase seats in advance and am considering seats 30J & 30K. (The exit row seats are blocked out). Seat guru says these are standard seats but I am hoping to get a little advice about my selection. It looks like the nearest lavatory is behind in WT. Any insight? Thanks so much!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 79
1. Re: WT+ seats on BA 747-400 70-Bus

According to the BA seat map, that is correct which means there is no dedicated lavatory for WT+ on this plane.

britishairways.com/travel/wldtrv/public/en_gb

Edited: 10:04 am, January 01, 2013
London
reviews: 10
2. Re: WT+ seats on BA 747-400 70-Bus

If you can't get the exit row seats go further back.

It's noisier by the door and the last row, I think three rows back is far quieter.

Yes the toilets are behind in WT but there are three there behind the small WT cabin.

I've not had issues on a full flight.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Negril
reviews: 96
3. Re: WT+ seats on BA 747-400 70-Bus

you can also post your question on flyertalk.com but you received good advice here already.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 189
4. Re: WT+ seats on BA 747-400 70-Bus

Elaine P

I'd personally save my $$ and wait until OLCI opens. Paying for seat selection can really add up! BA still has great choice of seats available during OLCI.

Regards

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 15
5. Re: WT+ seats on BA 747-400 70-Bus

Most WT+ seats are of a muchness except those at the bulkhead, which have a bit more leg room. The first row of the cabin may show as booked or unavailable as the seats are held for Gold and Silver EC members; the cot seats will be blocked until 72h before departure should families travelling with infants need to book those seats.

If no cot seats are selected at T-72h and if Gold or Silver pax don't choose the bulkhead seats, all will become available at OLCI. If you and your companion are two who like to recline, consider the last row of the WT+ cabin, which does have full recline.

The washrooms are behind row 36 in the WT cabin on that high J 747.

Plano TX
6. Re: WT+ seats on BA 747-400 70-Bus

Thank you for the info! It is very helpful. Happy New Year :)

Plano TX
7. Re: WT+ seats on BA 747-400 70-Bus

I decided to go ahead and pre-pay for our seats in WT+ and glad I did. I checked this morning and only the center section seats are showing available. Will check again during OLCI to see if the bulkhead opens up but for now am happy with our window/aisle seats. Thanks again everyone.

8. Re: WT+ seats on BA 747-400 70-Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 16, 2014