We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone successfuly used a voucher from CompanionBooking?

Manchester, New...
reviews: 49
Has anyone successfuly used a voucher from CompanionBooking?

What is yur experience in trying to use a "free" second ticket using a voucher from CompanionBooking?

40 replies to this topic
uk
reviews: 248
1. Re: Has anyone successfuly used a voucher from CompanionBooking?

It seems from a simple google search that the "free" ticket is indeed free - but the price of the first ticket can be more than double the regular cost.

www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=88443

Common sense says that no non-airline is able to offer a genuine second free ticket

Avoid. Plague. Like.... springs to mind....

Edited: 11:26 am, January 01, 2013
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 17
2. Re: Has anyone successfuly used a voucher from CompanionBooking?

I had one included as a thank you for a donation I made, it was good for a year.

No matter what time of year, how far out, or where I was trying to go, it was ridiculously expensive. It finally expired.

It's pretty much useless.

Sacramento...
3. Re: Has anyone successfuly used a voucher from CompanionBooking?

Companion booking's parent company Internet Specialties West, Inc. filed chapter 11 bankruptcy on Dec. 18, 2012. Public information when it's posted on the net. They make it so you can't use the certificate. Most get frustrated and never try. Today, I brought Companion Booking's problems to the attention of the person/company who gave it to me. Here's hoping for the best!

Texas
reviews: 25
4. Re: Has anyone successfuly used a voucher from CompanionBooking?

Received as a gift for a donation we made. Did your offer contain the sentence: "The recipient of this Certificate is entitled to purchase two adult round-trip, coach-class airline tickets for one low price."? Talked to a live person who said this does not mean buy one, get one free---what a crock--all in the wording--spinning....Pointed out that their offer was only $30 less that purchasing from airline website for 2 adults. Her reply? 'Well, you would be saving something.'

It's a travel agency scam. Wonder how much the travel agency would be paid by the airline for reservation made throught them???

Edited: 10:21 am, August 05, 2013
Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 73
5. Re: Has anyone successfuly used a voucher from CompanionBooking?

I agree with the above comments. I so wish I had heeded my mom's guidance that "nothing in this world is free." What a joke.

UK
reviews: 90
6. Re: Has anyone successfuly used a voucher from CompanionBooking?

<<I agree with the above comments. I so wish I had heeded my mom's guidance that "nothing in this world is free.">>

Arthur Dent, (just about to be thrown out of an airlock into the vacuum of space). it's at moments like this I wish I had listened to my mothers advice when I was younger"

Ford Prefect, also in airlock "why, what did she say?"

Arthur Dent "I don't know, I wasn't listening"

reviews: 1
7. Re: Has anyone successfuly used a voucher from CompanionBooking?

Well they have my money I am super to leave in 6 hours. I ball the air port double checking... They can't pull up by my credit card. 8006333771! Is Closed on the weekend! The air# they have me is incorrect on my itinerary. I'm sick I'm discussed!

Ayr, Scotland
reviews: 6
8. Re: Has anyone successfuly used a voucher from CompanionBooking?

Eh? Is it just me? I have no idea what last post means.

London, United...
reviews: 23
9. Re: Has anyone successfuly used a voucher from CompanionBooking?

Nope can't understand it either, I wonder if it's been google translated...

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 14
10. Re: Has anyone successfuly used a voucher from CompanionBooking?

I suspect it was written from an auto-correcting cell phone. Here's my best guess at a translation:

"Well they have my money [and] I am [supposed] to leave in 6 hours. I [call] the air port double checking... They can't pull up [my reservation using my] credit card. [The toll free help line] Is Closed on the weekend! The [confirmation] # they [gave] me is incorrect on my itinerary. I'm [so] sick I'm [disgusted]!"

Odds are we'll never know since it appears to have been written by a typical first day, first post whinger.

-JimG

Reply to: Has anyone successfuly used a voucher from CompanionBooking?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions