We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Airway Qantas Split

reviews: 54
British Airway Qantas Split

Does anyone know if the change in partnership mean that qantas club members will no longer have access to BA lounges when flying with BA? (on a non business/first flight). I am flying BA in a few months to UK and was about to buy qantas club membership at a corporate rate, but if the BA ticket plus qantas club will not give me lounge access I don't think it is going to be worth joining.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 55
1. Re: British Airway Qantas Split

I have asked a few people about this recently and no one seems to have an answer. Maybe the people to ask is BA itself? Anything on their web-site?

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
2. Re: British Airway Qantas Split

Qantas will still be a part of OW when they partner with EK.

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
3. Re: British Airway Qantas Split

OW does not necessarily mean Club Access. Have a look at the 'Access' pages of the QF Club 'chapter' on the QF website. I tried to access an Iberia lounge on my QF Club 'Bronze' card and was denied because I 'didn't have status' (ie - Gold or Platinum). (The lovely ladies at the BA lounge at LHR let me in even though I wasn't flying the Kangaroo Route.)

The wording re BA is a bit nebulous, so I think you need to call either BA or QF to get the current situation.

Madrid
reviews: 7
4. Re: British Airway Qantas Split

Qantas will remain a member of Oneworld,so Oneworld lounge access rules apply.Flying business or first,or being oneworld sapphire or emerald will get you lounge access.

There is some discussion on flyertalk about paid Qantas club members not getting access.You may wish to check that out.

http://www.flyertalk.com/

surrey
reviews: 24
5. Re: British Airway Qantas Split

Travellinmum is talking about buying Qantas Club membership as opposed to status with QF - so the One World rules may not apply. I don't actually know - just pointing out that it's different.

surrey
reviews: 24
6. Re: British Airway Qantas Split

Sorry rapidex - just reread your post and you do address the difference between QF Club membership and status.

reviews: 54
7. Re: British Airway Qantas Split

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies,I have spoken to an advisor at qantas club and they are not sure at this stage how things will change but it seems most likely that it will be the one world rules, i.e. no access to Qantas or BA lounges with a Qantas club membership and a BA ticket. So it looks like it isn't worth the club membership just for my handful of domestic qantas and jetstar flights.

8. Re: British Airway Qantas Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, January 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions
Recent Conversations