We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B.A. or Virgin to the USA

Lincolnshire
reviews: 8
B.A. or Virgin to the USA

Travelling sept 2013 to vegas or san francisco & there are no differences hardly in the costs but the virgin aircraft have all been re furbished & thought they might be the better option, comfort,on board entertainement etc.

can anyone advise please! Thanks!

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
1. Re: B.A. or Virgin to the USA

I personally prefer BA - Virgin flights to LV have too much of a party feel for my taste.

London,England
reviews: 15
2. Re: B.A. or Virgin to the USA

I believe most of the BA fleet has also been refurbished. I have seen a few complaints on here about the Virgin Ife.

Edited: 2:21 pm, December 31, 2012
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 187
3. Re: B.A. or Virgin to the USA

Definitely BA. Better selection of flights, better service, better food and overall better experience. Might I also add, with BA you can flight to LAS from either LHR or LGW as they fly from both airports.

4. Re: B.A. or Virgin to the USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:00 pm, December 31, 2012
Edited: 4:00 pm, December 31, 2012
Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
5. Re: B.A. or Virgin to the USA

Having used both a fair amount in the last few years from and to west coast destinations, for LV, I prefer Virgins times From LGW,and entertainment system now it's been upgraded, but prefer BAs and cabin crew.

At the end of the day not that different, so price wins in my book.

Virgin also fly from Manchester to LV two days a week, maybe increasing though?

Edited: today, 20:59

Edited: 4:01 pm, December 31, 2012
Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
6. Re: B.A. or Virgin to the USA

That should read prefer BAs service and cabin crew over Virgin at any time.

Seahouses, United...
reviews: 1
7. Re: B.A. or Virgin to the USA

Only flown Virgin to the USA and Vegas. Have never had a problem and the inflight ent is now said to be among the best going.

Virgin do fly from Manchester which may be your nearest airport.

Scotland
reviews: 12
8. Re: B.A. or Virgin to the USA

Whilst their LHR fleet (from where they fly to SFO) has been refurbed, are you sure that VS have updated all their LGW fleet (for the LAS flight)? Recent-ish feedback suggested that the interiors were still pretty tattered.

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
9. Re: B.A. or Virgin to the USA

The one I flew in had just had the new seats and Fully touch screen VERA entertainment system, maybe new carpeting but I really did not look that closely at that.The panels, cabin interiors, fittings etc were all the same, ie. It had not been gutted and fully refitted........unless of course the passengers in the couple of months since had been particularly messy and the cleaning appalling!

Edited: 5:32 am, January 01, 2013
Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
10. Re: B.A. or Virgin to the USA

However, looking at the video on the website that plane, Barbarella, was fully refitted from the video. So perhaps the passengers and cleaning are that bad?