We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai int flight !!

jersey channel...
Thai int flight !!

Anybody had there int flights changed !!!!

A mate of mine has received an email from Thai stating that his Phucket to BKK flight has been changed from early evening departure to a morning departure !!! Meaning he has a 12 hr wait untill his flight back to the UK ? Anybody else had this happen ?

Ps he is flying 8th of Feb !

We depart same flight on the 15th Feb and dreading the same email as we have a infant and don't want to wait for 12 hrs for our homeward flight.

Thanks

London, United...
reviews: 23
1. Re: Thai int flight !!

Yes, this happens quite often, the only positive is he got notified, in many instances the passenger has to find out for themselves. You need to keep checking your flight on line. If you are on the same flight, you obviously have the same delay. Do not assume as you did not get the email you will be at the original time.

I don't know what time of day he is waiting or where, but for twelve hours an airport hotel could be a good option for some rest, particularly for you if you have a child.

Edit, sorry just saw its not the exact same flight,,,so you need to check it on line,

Edited: 12:15 pm, December 31, 2012
UK
reviews: 85
2. Re: Thai int flight !!

Yes !!! Some people definitely have had their flight timings changed!!! Some of mine changed a few months back !!

Have you checked on the Thai website to see what times they are showing for your flight on 15th ????????

jersey channel...
3. Re: Thai int flight !!

Hi Joe,

Yes I've checked but its not very clear ??

znojmo
reviews: 12
4. Re: Thai int flight !!

plenty of hotels near the airport or for 12 hours you could head into the city for a hotel.

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
5. Re: Thai int flight !!

TG has several flights a day from Phuket to BKK. If I were your mate I'd jump on the phone to find out if they can't get a better flight time.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
6. Re: Thai int flight !!

Thai has many flights between Phuket and Bangkok and every one is wide body, Boeing 777 or 747 or Airbus A 330, seems strange it is changed as they have plenty of flights. I would try and call them and see what can be done, worth the effort certainly.

jersey
reviews: 19
7. Re: Thai int flight !!

Ask Thai if they will put you up for free. It's worth asking, because they are a good airline and might do it to keep you happy.

I know i once had a delayed flight at the airport, and they put us up in a hotel for free untill it was sorted.

8. Re: Thai int flight !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, January 06, 2014