We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 hour layover at MCO...anything to occupy our time?

Rhode Island
reviews: 1
7 hour layover at MCO...anything to occupy our time?

Due to a change in Jetblue's schedule, we have a 7-hour layover at MCO at the beginning of next month. Does anyone have any suggestions of anything to keep ourselves occupied for that period of time? Is there anything cool to see or do within the airport itself? I've been there a few times but never for that long. I'm not necessarily looking to leave the airport either but if there is something interesting enough to leave for, please do let me know. Is there a bus system available in case we wanted to leave? If worse comes to worse I'll just watch Netflix movies for the entire layover!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Negril
reviews: 86
1. Re: 7 hour layover at MCO...anything to occupy our time?

What time do you arrive and time of next flight, what about bags, can you access a lounge, you may be better off just staying and walking around rather than leaving the airport and again depends on time of day you are asking about.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
2. Re: 7 hour layover at MCO...anything to occupy our time?

The mouse is expensive and there is not much else in the suburban landscape of central Florida worth seeing. I'd check with JetBlue to see if there was an earlier flight they could put you on. You don't *have* to accept what the computer gives you.

atlanta
reviews: 31
3. Re: 7 hour layover at MCO...anything to occupy our time?

Lots of shops. You can also rent a day room at the Hyatt

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
reviews: 35
4. Re: 7 hour layover at MCO...anything to occupy our time?

Bring a camcorder, a small tube of super glue and a quarter.

Glue the quarter to the floor then record all the people who try to pick it up.

Ok if that does not work you might try a day pass at one of the lounges. I know Delta offers them for like $25 if you have their Amex card.

Rhode Island
5. Re: 7 hour layover at MCO...anything to occupy our time?

We are flying from BQN to PVD with the stop at MCO. There is only one nonstop flight per day from BQN to MCO and it is the one that arrives at MCO at 6:02 a.m. Then there are two flights per day from MCO to PVD...we are on the first one out at 1:37 p.m. and the second one is not til 5:20 I think. When I originally booked the tickets, the 1:37 flight was in the morning. We have one checked bag only (surfboards) which Jetblue has confirmed for me that they will be checking through despite the length of the layover. Other than that, just a small carry-on each. I have no desire to go to Disney. Thanks for the lounge and day room suggestions; I am going to look into those. Otherwise will just walk about the different terminals and check out shops.

Rhode Island
6. Re: 7 hour layover at MCO...anything to occupy our time?

Or maybe I will try Brighton Bill's quarter idea...really like that one ;)

Seahouses, United...
7. Re: 7 hour layover at MCO...anything to occupy our time?

GeoMedic has obviously never been to the area. To say virtually that apart from the Mouse there is nothing to do is patently absurd.

There are many shopping malls/outlets, I Drive attractions and Downtown Disney( which is free inc. a cruise up to Riverside).

If you are staying in the airport there are plenty of shops and eateries.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Negril
reviews: 86
8. Re: 7 hour layover at MCO...anything to occupy our time?

I'd try for a lounge, room to relax, food, drinks, snacks etc.....make your layover easier

yeah I like that quarter idea too, will save that idea.....

Berkshire, England
reviews: 61
9. Re: 7 hour layover at MCO...anything to occupy our time?

The Hyatt Regency in the airport is a very good hotel. It has a nice outdoor pool that you could use if you keep your swimming gear with you (towels are provided) and a good restaurant called McCoys. It may be worth trying to get a day room there for your layover.

10. Re: 7 hour layover at MCO...anything to occupy our time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, January 06, 2014