We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick lounge which one?

Basingstoke, United...
reviews: 23
Gatwick lounge which one?

We are going to florida from gatwick with Virgin and would like to know what is is the best lounge to book we are a family of 6, which includes a 7,10,16 & 65 year old. Our flight is at 13.00hrs.

Thanks.

Berkshire, England
reviews: 58
1. Re: Gatwick lounge which one?

Have you got a package deal with Virgin? If so, I believe you get automatic entry to the Virgin V Room? I don't think you can book this lounge if you are not on a Virgin holiday. There is another Virgin lounge at Gatwick but I'm not sure how much that costs.

Basingstoke, United...
reviews: 23
2. Re: Gatwick lounge which one?

We are flying with Virgin but did not book our holiday with virgin.

Inverness
reviews: 10
3. Re: Gatwick lounge which one?

we always use lounge no 1.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
4. Re: Gatwick lounge which one?

we always use lounge no 1.

---------

Which is in the North Terminal. VS use South.

London
reviews: 9
5. Re: Gatwick lounge which one?

No, 1 has a lounge in both terminals.

no1traveller.com/gatwick-airport-lounges.htm…

Edited: 2:39 pm, December 30, 2012
London, United...
reviews: 22
6. Re: Gatwick lounge which one?

I would probably think about the lounge access carefully. If you assume you will be at the airport three hours before departure, so approx 10 am, and then factor in an hour to drop bags off, and go through immigration and security ( could be quicker I know), then you will want to be at your gate probably an hour before departure as you are long haul, This gives you probably an hour or so free time, especially if you want to buy some snacks or something for the flight or wander round the shops.

For the same cost I would go to the caviar house and have a glass of champagne and some light sea food, a real treat for the adults, kids can have a soft drink and there should be something they can have on the menu.

Personally I would not pay to access a paid lounge for a short period, and would plan to do something more enjoyable and special for the same cost.

Wembley, United...
reviews: 14
7. Re: Gatwick lounge which one?

No 1 lounge is excellent , much better standard than the usual pay for access lounge . Good food and drinks choice ( snacks and drinks are included but there is an a la carte option if you prefer something more substantial ) well worth the access charge just to get away from the mayhem of the terminal . Tv room , computers etc kids playroom , pool table etc to while away the time : )

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
8. Re: Gatwick lounge which one?

No, 1 has a lounge in both terminals.

no1traveller.com/gatwick-airport-lounges.htm…

Apologies! Only ever seen their LGW N facility en-route to the BA lounge, didn't realise they had a S operation too. Sorry about that!

London, United...
reviews: 22
9. Re: Gatwick lounge which one?

No, I agree, the no 1 lounge is a fairly decent one. However I personally would not pay for six peope to go in for an hour or so, I would spend the same cash on something I perceived as better, more of a treat, for that very short period of time....

However if I had a flight delay and had to waste time ie three hours or more, then yes, absolutely. I would pay.

If I had an hour to kill with my family, before vacation, and was was going to spend over 100 gbp to keep us entertained for that hour, and the straight choice was either the standard fare in the lounge and associated entertainment, or some champagne and seafood in the caviar house, I'll go for the champagne and seafood every time:))

10. Re: Gatwick lounge which one?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 06, 2014