We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaska Airlines

Astoria, Oregon
reviews: 175
Alaska Airlines

after posting a very negative review of a United Airlines flight, we feel its only fair to give kudos to Alaska Airlines. We flew out of Portland to San Diego a few days ago, and were so very pleased to be treated like human beings instead of a herd of cattle. We would like to see more evaluations of Airlines by people who travel a lot. It would help us in picking our next airline, not only considering the price. Any comments would be appreciated.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
1. Re: Alaska Airlines

We would like to see more evaluations of Airlines by people who travel a lot

----------

I didn't see an evaluation here either. Just an "it was nice" comment, not the most helpful for those looking to pick an airline I think you'll agree!

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
2. Re: Alaska Airlines

www.airlinequality.com provides a more than adequate 'evaluation' service imo.

Astoria, Oregon
3. Re: Alaska Airlines

thank you. I will check that website.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 787
4. Re: Alaska Airlines

>>We would like to see more evaluations of Airlines by people who travel a lot.<<

TripAdvisor does not allow reviews of airlines. If you stay around the Air Travel forum for a week or two you'll learn why. Many many people seem to join TA, leave a long, rambling [no paragraph] rant about their "terrible" experience with Airline X . . . then they vanish, never to be heard from again.

Usually the problem is that they were impatient and nasty to the flight crew, or they were late for boarding, or they didn't read the Terms and Conditions, or it was Airline X's fault that they were late due to a fierce winter storm.

You get the picture!

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 47
5. Re: Alaska Airlines

Can you give us details of what Alaskan Airlines did to make you feel "very pleased to be treated like human beings" and how this was so different to other airlines.

I wonder why people still have such high expectations when flying when it's just another form of public transport like a bus or a train. On a per/km basis the fares are about the same if not less

The days when air travel was "something special" ended back in the 50's or 60's didn't they? Just wondering......

Edited: 2:47 am, December 29, 2012
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 38
6. Re: Alaska Airlines

Alaska/Horizon simply has very high standards.

Recently, on a trip to Asia with a connection from Alaska Air to Asiana Air, the Alaska flight was late leaving, but the gate agent was able to save the day without any delay by rerouting the entire trip in a few minutes. I really appreciated the time and effort of this lady, and with a smile to boot. I fear that had it been United or Delta, I would have had to wait until the next day.

Edited: 1:12 pm, December 29, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Negril
reviews: 84
7. Re: Alaska Airlines

when you look at who they partner with, its an impressive list, Delta being one and our choice of airline but being in ATL, that's its main hub, I'm glad you had a good experience, so many travelers do not....

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 787
8. Re: Alaska Airlines

I fly Alaska/Horizon a half dozen times a year. Maybe I'm just lucky, but they seem to be run very efficiently and service is always "with a smile" :-)

Astoria, Oregon
9. Re: Alaska Airlines

glad to hear someone agrees with me that this is the exception, rather than the norm in this day and age. We will stick with Alaska.

Astoria, Oregon
10. Re: Alaska Airlines

just to set the record straight: I was neither nasty nor rude to the flight crew,

I am a polite traveler, understand about delays happening, am always on time, read the small print, take direction from airline personnel esp. when it concerns safety, and am very much aware of the fact that 'the times they are a'changing'. I have no high expectations of special treatment, just to get what I paid for. And being pushed, sent back to my seat when asking for water, no hello or goodbye , only stony faces is NOT part of the deal, even in this day and age. Enough said. I posted this as caution to other travelers, when making a decision who to book with. They can take it or leave it.