We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

byojet

Melbourne, Australia
byojet

I am a first time international travellor and am thinking of using byojet to purchase tickets have never heard of them are they any good?

64 replies to this topic
Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
1. Re: byojet

Book direct with the airline or, as a first-timer, talk to a reputable travel agent.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
2. Re: byojet

More than 50% of the reviews on this review site rate them as terrible:

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/byojet.html

I certainly would not trust them.

australia
reviews: 17
3. Re: byojet

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/byojet.html

read this first

i don't like the name either BYO JET

australia
reviews: 17
4. Re: byojet

beat me by a minute lulu

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
5. Re: byojet

Go online to the web sites of the airlines concerned, and see what prices you can get. Then go to a travel agent and discuss what you have planned, asking for any suggestions for a better itinerary and/or a lower price.

Our past three major trips, our travel agent has been able to make useful suggestions, and get us a price lower than we could find on the web.

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 50
6. Re: byojet

If you are planning a simple return trip from Melbourne to XYZ and back to Melbourne, I would suggest you use a website like www.skyscanner.com or www.webjet.com or www.kyak.com to get a comparison of fares available to your selected destination. Having selected the airline you want then go to that airline's website and book your ticket.

If you plan a more complex itinerary - MEL to A to B to C to D then back to MEL - then as others have suggested, a reputable travel agent might be the best way to go if you are a novice.

One online TA, but Australian based with real people to talk to at the end of real telephone lines are bestflights www.bestflights.com.au/cheap-flights/…

We have used them a few times and been very happy with their service.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
7. Re: byojet

Even on simple flights, my travel agent has sometimes been able to better the prices published on the airline's web site.

Next year, there is a family wedding and my wife found a very good price with Hawaiian Airlines for one of our sons, and his wife and child, to fly PDX-HNL-SYD and return. On the off chance, I rang our travel agent and got a price almost $200 cheaper for the same flights.

However, don't ask for help with the cheap European airlines: easyJet, Vueling, RyanAir, etc. They don't pay any commissions, so you would have to pay a fee to your travel agent to get onto the airline's web site and make a booking for you.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
8. Re: byojet

^^^^ Good point about the LCCs. From their "About Us" -

http://www.byojet.com/100_AboutUs.asp

"Book online and save with over 500 worldwide airlines including Australian Low Cost Carriers like Tiger, Air Asia, Jet Star and Virgin Blue. International Low Cost Carriers like Easy Jet, RYAN AIR, Southwest, Spirit, and plenty more."

BIG RED FLAG there as the airline in upper case (my emphasis, but including the misspelling) expressly forbids agents reselling their tickets.

Perth, Western...
9. Re: byojet

yeah i just used byojet now to book a flight from australia to new zealand, im such an idiot, biggest travel scam, once u pay theyll give u error that something has gone wrong and thats it you carnt call them they dont respond to email im going to have to call my bank to sort it out. i used skyscanner and they use byojet also but when u find the flight u want just go to the air carrier you want to fly with and book it with them not a third party company arghh!!

kiteyoyo
reviews: 1
10. Re: byojet

They are liars - bad business practice - I have to go to Fair Trading Court with them!!!!

Be careful with these guys!! They never indicate their booking terms and conditions. It's a lie when they claim "NO BOOKING FEE". They charge credit card fees, paypal fees and admin fees at the checkout plus hefty cancellation and rebooking fee regardless what special circumstances you have. Then you have to pay full fare for rebooking. It can be over half of the original ticket. I am going to Fair Trading Court with them!!!

NOT RECOMMENDED TO USE THIS GUYS!

Reply to: byojet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted