We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada "Rouge" and seat pitch

Canada
reviews: 27
Air Canada "Rouge" and seat pitch

Air Canada is starting up a leisure class of flights called "Rouge".

http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/rouge.html

I was just looking at the seat maps on the AC site. The Rouge 767-300 (ER) is not yet showing any pitch for the economy seats. The pitch on the Rouge A319-100 is listed at 29"/73.6cm.

Isn't 29" pitch just a bit squashed??

Edited: 4:12 pm, December 18, 2012
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
1. Re: Air Canada "Rouge" and seat pitch

"Isn't 29" pitch just a bit squashed??"

Would be for me!

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: Air Canada "Rouge" and seat pitch

Well, it is meant to be a low-cost alternative.

The "Meet Air Canada Rouge" handout found at aircanada.com/en/about/media/rouge/index.html says the seat pitch on the 767s will be 30". They're described as new, "slimline" seats, so presumably they're suggesting it'll be a smidge roomier than 30" pitch would be with older seats.

However, Rouge will also have premium economy with 35" pitch (not offered on mainline Air Canada flights) for an extra $90 per one-way European flight or $40 per one-way Caribbean flight.

Canada
3. Re: Air Canada "Rouge" and seat pitch

Thanks for the further info, Matt.

I realized that it was meant to be low cost, but the pitch threw me! If PE seats are available, that would be the way to go (for us anyways). One of "us" is well over 6ft tall and we usually try to buy the AC Preferred seats.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
4. Re: Air Canada "Rouge" and seat pitch

"leisure class" Typically means cheapest, pack 'em in, lock the door, and take off.

Pitch is meaningless without knowing the seat thickness, but yes, 29" is one of the smallest pitches going.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 43
5. Re: Air Canada "Rouge" and seat pitch

The prices better be amazing to tempt me to those flights....Glad "Rouge's" world begins and ends in the East as well....not

Canada
6. Re: Air Canada "Rouge" and seat pitch

Well, AfricanDaisy, will the following comment from the AC info encourage you to book Rouge:

"Newly hired Air Canada rouge flight attendants will ensure safe, warm and welcoming onboard customer service."

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 43
7. Re: Air Canada "Rouge" and seat pitch

I can only imagine:)

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 47
8. Re: Air Canada "Rouge" and seat pitch

The FAs are red????

Toronto, Canada
9. Re: Air Canada "Rouge" and seat pitch

And only a typo away from going rogue.

The Rouge fleet will be tiny at launch, with only 4 aircraft. If things go well they plan to scale up to as many as 50 (including 767s freed up as Air Canada takes delivery of 787s). So yes, their world begins in the east but I doubt they plan to end there.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
10. Re: Air Canada "Rouge" and seat pitch

http://tinyurl.com/cqbcuqe

Lower wages, fewer benefits, up to 20% more seats into the planes compared to main AC flights. Might be worth a short haul though, certainly not possible from Vancouver at this point.