We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dial a flight cancellation policy

Manchester, United...
Dial a flight cancellation policy

I have just been informed BT my doctor that I will not be for to fly to Thailand in feb. I have been trying to access the cancellation fees for my emirates flight and hotel bookings for over 4 hours now and not getting much joy. The agent has informed us that as they have paid for the flight the only renumeration available back is the tax per person, for myself and my partner.

I need some advice if this is correct and how I would challenge this?

znojmo
reviews: 12
1. Re: Dial a flight cancellation policy

you cant challenge it, if you purchased the cheapest flights they are not refundable, this would apply whoever you bought the tickets through.

znojmo
reviews: 12
2. Re: Dial a flight cancellation policy

i,m not sure if it would be possible to put your tickets on hold and pay an extra fee to fly at a later date. You could always ask ,if that might be a viable option for you.

Edited: 7:42 am, December 15, 2012
Iowa
reviews: 27
3. Re: Dial a flight cancellation policy

Look in the Help Center on the Emirates site. They do say this.....

"If the ticket is non-refundable, only the unused refundable taxes will be refunded."

But, you may be eligible for the fee waiver?? See this page.....

emirates.com/us/…

Edited: 7:49 am, December 15, 2012
Iowa
reviews: 27
4. Re: Dial a flight cancellation policy

Booking thru dial a flight may make the refund process more difficult.

uk
reviews: 15
5. Re: Dial a flight cancellation policy

Lyn have you not got travel insurance?

deb

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 87
6. Re: Dial a flight cancellation policy

Claim it on your travel insurance. Should not be a problem as no one in their right mind would visit Thailand without good travel insurance would they.

7. Re: Dial a flight cancellation policy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, December 15, 2012
Salisbury, United...
reviews: 62
8. Re: Dial a flight cancellation policy

Insurance should be good, so long as its not a preexisting condition which had not been declared.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
9. Re: Dial a flight cancellation policy

Were you aware of the terms of the tickets when you purchased them? What will you challenge? Were the terms of cancellation/refund not spelled out? If it said non-refundable, it would also give exact conditions, but you should of course assume you can't get money back. No harm in trying, by contacting the customer relations department with a certified letter from your doctor, presumably saying you can't travel (not jus that he/she doesn't recommend it).

Hotel bookings were made through the airline? Again, the terms of cancellation would be spelled out when you pay. You don't indicate what those terms are.

Manchester, United...
10. Re: Dial a flight cancellation policy

Yes through my bank account, wanted to explore all options