We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico flights departing from Brum via Manchester?

oxfordshire
Mexico flights departing from Brum via Manchester?

Whilst waiting for the plane to refuel can you still be served drinks in Premuim seating does anyone know please?

In addition how long is the flight from Brum to Manchester and then how long is the wait to refuel. Thanks in advance : ]

west midlands
1. Re: Mexico flights departing from Brum via Manchester?

If you are flying firstchoice/Thomson it is a direct flight to cancun, not done a Manchester fuel stop for quite some time. Happy travels you will love Mexico.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
reviews: 8
2. Re: Mexico flights departing from Brum via Manchester?

If by chance you do need a refueling stop in Manchester then I am afraid all cabin services are suspended even in premium when you are on the ground. Your usually on the ground for an hour in total !.........I had this with a flight from Bristol.

Angie.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 44
3. Re: Mexico flights departing from Brum via Manchester?

Whether your flight stops to refuel at Manchester is subject to the weight of the aircraft, and the weather on that day. It's not far from BHX to MAN. You won't be able to get a drink whilst on the ground, but you can always ask for one before you land at MAN.

wirral
reviews: 82
4. Re: Mexico flights departing from Brum via Manchester?

I would be surprised if the intermediate stop at Manchester is just for re-fuelling.It would take more fuel for the landing and takeoff from Manchester than maintained route Birmingham-Mexico.More likely that passengers are joining the flight at the intermediate stop.This happens on Virgin flights Gatwick via Manchester to Orlando-and it's a real pain.

Perhaps the runway at BHX isn't long enough for the aircraft with a full load plus fuel.

Flying time Birmingham-Manchester less than 30 minutes.If re-fuelling only, wait in Manchester less than an hour.If passengers joining more like hour and a half.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
reviews: 8
5. Re: Mexico flights departing from Brum via Manchester?

WirralScouse

On my past experiences with a stop in Manchester, it was due to as you say the runway at BHX (and BRS) not being long enough with a full load of PAX plus fuel.......NO passengers joined the flights that I have been on, it was strictly refueling and one time ( which made me laugh) on a trip to the Dominican Republic the aircraft was loaded with palm trees on our stop in Manchester !!!!

Angie.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 44
6. Re: Mexico flights departing from Brum via Manchester?

WirralScouse

The stop at Manchester is for fuel only. No passengers are picked up. As said above, they don't all stop. It depends on the load, and weather on the day of the flight.

wirral
reviews: 82
7. Re: Mexico flights departing from Brum via Manchester?

Thanks Angie and Leyland for clearing that up.

8. Re: Mexico flights departing from Brum via Manchester?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, December 18, 2013