We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Globehunters

Dundee, United...
reviews: 2
Globehunters

Hi

Does anyone have any experience using GlobeHunters for flights to Florida. They have 1 stop flights from Edinburgh to Tampa at £515 but the exact flight times are not advertised. A drive from Tampa to Orlando is a great saving but i must admit i am not convinced this company can deliver what they say they can. I thought it best to ask Tripadvisors if they have had any past experience's with this company ie would they recommend them.

Thanks

26 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Globehunters

Your choice but personally I wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot clown pole.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12290-k37819…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k41523…

Dundee, United...
2. Re: Globehunters

Thanks

Answers like that was all i needed to hear. I thought they were a bit dodgy

Cheers mate

Preston, United...
3. Re: Globehunters

We booked flights to Orlando with globe hunters today as they were the best price, after giving all details he said we would receive a confirmation email withn 15 mins, we didnt recieve an email but a voicemail saying he was finishing his shift and would send it tomorrow morning. Alarm bells starting ringing so we looked on here and saw the comments and started to panic, we contacted the bank to stop the transaction (£3080) and told the bank manager we thought it was a dodgy company. Approx 30 mins later i received the confimation email and had 10 miss calls from the company. My husband answered and the sales rep stated the trascation hadnt gone through, my husband asked him to cancel the flights we had changed our minds, he wouldnt take no for an answer and said the airline needed paying, the man was also foreign and spoke poor english and said he would ring us again tomorrow for correct bank details (so much for finishing his shift!!) is this airline for real? cannot believe we were nearly conned!!!

London, United...
4. Re: Globehunters

Dear mrsb290912

Firstly, we apologies for any inconvenience that this flight enquiry and booking has caused. We have spoken to the agent that took your call and we apologise if you did not get the booking confirmation within the 15-20 minutes stated. As the booking was late at night, we needed to get clearance from the airline. However the booking confirmation did come to you within the hour and a message was left by our agent (out of his working hours).

When the agent did get through to your husband it appears your husband did not wish to cancel at this point, but he did advise he was dealing with a family emergency. If he had done so, we would have cancelled the booking, but either way the card did not get charged. I believe you have had further correspondence from the agent regarding the booking and we have ensured the booking has been cancelled following your actions.

We are sorry to hear that you believe we were trying to deceive you with your holiday booking, this was not our intention and we have spoken to the agent who over-promised by 30 minutes on when you would receive the booking confirmation, which we take full responsibility and will ensure this does not happen in the future.

Please accept our sincere apologies and hope this situation has not deterred you from using our services in the future. For any further communication with our customer service team, please email info@globehunters.com

Please note we are fully ATOL and ABTA bonded and provide a 3D secure online booking facility. Under the data protection act we do not on any account keep any bank or credit card details on file. We do send tens of thousands of satisfied customers all over the world every year, so we hope you keep an open mind when looking for your next flight or holiday.

Yours sincerely

The Globehunters Team

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 88
5. Re: Globehunters

My advice, just book directly with the airlines and give all 3rd party agents a very wide berth.

Madrid
reviews: 7
6. Re: Globehunters

My advice, just book directly with the airlines and give all 3rd party agents a very wide berth.

My thoughts exactly.

UK
reviews: 81
7. Re: Globehunters

We booked flights to Orlando with globe hunters today as they were the best price

======= Do you always just choose the cheapest without any other consideration?

and told the bank manager we thought it was a dodgy company.

======== Second problem, you transact with a "dodgy company" (One you never heard of before and did no research on before giving them £3080 !!!) but give them direct access to your bank account (presumably paying by debit card) rather than pay by credit card and have a buffer. If they were really dodgy and the money had left your account you'd have never been able to get it back.

london
reviews: 1
8. Re: Globehunters

I have just booked flights to Thailand from globehunters and received nothing but good service over the phone - agreed I have only paid a deposit at the moment but so far the service has been good

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
9. Re: Globehunters

Boy, you didn't wait long for an answer to your first question.

Leicestershire
10. Re: Globehunters

Hi, I realise you posted your question a while ago so not sure if you have booked a flight yet or not but I just wanted to give you my experience of Globehunters. I have nothing but praise for them. I phoned late one evening, desperate to get 2 x flights to Istanbul the following day. The representative was extremely helpful, courteous, patient and understanding. I was under a great deal of pressure to book the flight and made several mistakes throughout the process, but he reassured me all the way through that we would finish the process. My relatives were able to meet family expectations and traditions because of the operators tenacity in helping me secure the flights which went smoothly and for which I will be eternally grateful. Would I recommend them? Without hesitation!

Reply to: Globehunters
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted