We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scoot - Gold Coast to Singapore return

Scoot - Gold Coast to Singapore return

I booked a premium seat with Scoot on 3rd December 2012. The premium travelers were not advised that there were to be no inflight entertainment provided. Several other premium passengers were openly irate at the lack of advice.

When overseas I was not feeling well and obtained a medical certificate stating I am unfit to fly. When calling the call centre, it took 25 minutes before I was put through to the offshore call centre in the Philippines who were extremely unhelpful and unsympathetic to a passenger's condition. After more than 6 overseas phone calls to the call centre, no supervisors or managers who were able to put me through to the Singapore team, my family and I will certainly not travel on Scoot anymore.

I have written in to management with my stated experience and I am yet to hear from them.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: Scoot - Gold Coast to Singapore return

Scoot is a cut-price, no-frills airline. If you buy a "no change, no refund" ticket, then there are no changes and no refunds for any reason. It is up to you to buy travel insurance to provide cover if you get sick.

If you buy cut-price tickets, don't expect full-price service.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 119
2. Re: Scoot - Gold Coast to Singapore return

Looks like you didn't read the fare conditions. You can't expect to travel for dirt cheap and then have the airline do everything you want.

3. Re: Scoot - Gold Coast to Singapore return

I did purchase travel insurance. However you could never get any basic assistance through the offshore call centre.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
4. Re: Scoot - Gold Coast to Singapore return

What "basic assistance" did you expect? If the ticket was "no change, no refund", there was nothing that Scoot staff could do.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
5. Re: Scoot - Gold Coast to Singapore return

<< I booked a premium seat with Scoot on 3rd December 2012. The premium travelers were not advised that there were to be no inflight entertainment provided. Several other premium passengers were openly irate at the lack of advice. >>

When did you make yor booking? Was in Jun/Jul for travel on 3-Dec?

They did mention on their website that inflight entertainment was no longer available. This has happened since around Sep (I think). flyscoot.com/index.php/en/in-flight/in-fligh…

<< When calling the call centre, it took 25 minutes before I was put through to the offshore call centre in the Philippines who were extremely unhelpful and unsympathetic to a passenger's condition. >>

The call centre is sub-contracted to a 3rd party. No employee loyalty. No incentive to help.

<< I have written in to management with my stated experience and I am yet to hear from them. >>

It is almost unlikely you would be hearing from them. They usually would not reply.

Coffs Harbour...
reviews: 136
6. Re: Scoot - Gold Coast to Singapore return

Agree with most replies. The unavailability of in-flight entertainement has been well known since early June 2012.

In regards to the changes you needed to make. That is why the fares are so cheap. They cannot be changed. The same applies to most discounted economy tickets on Qantas, Singapore etc.

That is why you get travel insurance.

Scoot is not responsible for your personal preicaments, otherwise we all have to pay higher fares

Singapore, Singapore
7. Re: Scoot - Gold Coast to Singapore return

I had a somewhat good experience with Scoot flying to and fro Goldcoast. Forgot to include my middle name when booking. Although they inutially wanted $200 to do the name change, they eventually agreed to include in their computer system, Was also pleasantly surprised that they even replied positively to my email a week before my departure to allay my fear. The flight was like a full-fledged airline minus the food and entertainment. They even allowed passengers to bring food to eat onboard. They also provided free water through dispenser in the air plane, What a pleasant surprise compared to other budget airline?

Singapore, Singapore
8. Re: Scoot - Gold Coast to Singapore return

I had a somewhat good experience with Scoot flying to and fro Goldcoast. Forgot to include my middle name when booking. Although they inutially wanted $200 to do the name change, they eventually agreed to include in their computer system, Was also pleasantly surprised that they even replied positively to my email a week before my departure to allay my fear. The flight was like a full-fledged airline minus the food and entertainment. They even allowed passengers to bring food to eat onboard. They also provided free water through dispenser in the air plane, What a pleasant surprise compared to other budget airline?

9. Re: Scoot - Gold Coast to Singapore return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, January 07, 2014