We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage Allowance

Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 2
Baggage Allowance

I am an American Airlines gold member and I bought from AA a ticket to go from Abu Dhabi to Denver, via Frankfurt and Dallas. As a gold member, I am allowed a second 50 lb piece free of charge in AA flights.

My doubt is that my first leg Abu Dhabi-Frankfurt (flight AA2988) is operated by Etihad Airways and I do not know if they will accept my 2 50 lb pieces free of charge.

Best regards,

Saul

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 78
1. Re: Baggage Allowance

Since it is a codeshared AA flight, you should be able to get the AA allowance.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
reviews: 255
2. Re: Baggage Allowance

Check Etihard web site.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 307
3. Re: Baggage Allowance

Etihad not being a OneWorld carrier, I am almost sure Etihad's rules will apply.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
4. Re: Baggage Allowance

Sorry, correcting myself.

Your trip: http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=auh-fra-dfw-den

According to IATA resolution 302, the Most Significant Carrier rule applies. In addition, D.O.T. rules say Marketing carrier rules apply for flights departing or terminating in the US. Hence AA...

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 205
5. Re: Baggage Allowance

As noted, it's a codeshare with destination USA and you should have no problem as AA's rules should apply.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 78
6. Re: Baggage Allowance

As mentioned, because it's a codeshared AA flight, it should come with AA allowance. Oneworld rules don't matter. I don't think it's a case of MSC either.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
7. Re: Baggage Allowance

It is not a case of MSC because of the US point (destination or origin). If it was not the case then IATA resolution 302 reads the MSC rule applies.

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr;sid=390b73afad1043687405f3c3346ce992;rgn=div2;view=text;node=20110425%3A1.84

expresstravel.lv/files/IATA_Resolution_302.p…

8. Re: Baggage Allowance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 18, 2013