We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying into Atlanta with Delta, Is it a good deal?

Littlehampton
reviews: 6
Flying into Atlanta with Delta, Is it a good deal?

I'm looking at booking a flight to Atlanta for June 2013 to see an american friend for 3 weeks.

I've been looking at several airlines to travel with and Delta came in cheapest at a return flight of £520. Virgin wanted over £1500.

The fare would be under Delta's U ticket fare and although it says it's a refundable fair, I just want to know if this is a deal that seems too good to be true. Would there be any extra fees on top?

I've tried to look through the fare rules but they are very confusing. I just don't want to be out of pocket should anything go wrong.

Many thanks :)

Edmonton
reviews: 14
1. Re: Flying into Atlanta with Delta, Is it a good deal?

For that price, It's hard to believe it's a refundable fare. I would double check.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
2. Re: Flying into Atlanta with Delta, Is it a good deal?

Or post the details of the flights you're looking at and let someone in here check.

Littlehampton
reviews: 6
3. Re: Flying into Atlanta with Delta, Is it a good deal?

I'm looking to leave London Heathrow on Monday June 17th 2013 to Atlanta and return on Monday July 8th.

I've ticked that I want a refundable fair and I keep getting £570.56 (not £520 as I previously thought) and I only get the U ticket fare option.

If anyone can help check this out for me, it would be very much appreciated :)

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
4. Re: Flying into Atlanta with Delta, Is it a good deal?

It's a good price but Delta is confusing me - I did a dummy booking and it says the ticket is changeable/refundable which I found surprising for that price.

I looked at the full fare rules and the following is a partial extract

"CANCELLATIONS

ANY TIME

TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE IN CASE OF CANCEL/NO-SHOW. "

I'd suggest you read the fare rules in detail although they are long to confirm the rules meet your needs - if in doubt call Delta.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
5. Re: Flying into Atlanta with Delta, Is it a good deal?

It could be a mistake fare... which would be still bookable. I'd grab it while you can. It will likely have an extremely limited availability.

atlanta
reviews: 31
6. Re: Flying into Atlanta with Delta, Is it a good deal?

U fares are NOT refundable. Delta's three lowest fare classes are LU and T. Not refundable and heavy change penalties. Sounds like another screw up due to recent website "upgrade".

Jacksonville...
reviews: 199
7. Re: Flying into Atlanta with Delta, Is it a good deal?

If you buy the screwup, do they honor the price?

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
reviews: 14
8. Re: Flying into Atlanta with Delta, Is it a good deal?

I would buy the ticket -- at that price! But I would also make sure I had trip insurance that covered cancellation in case I needed to cancel.

Hampshire England
reviews: 57
9. Re: Flying into Atlanta with Delta, Is it a good deal?

Take a screenshot of the deal (showing that it's refundable) before you hit 'buy', at least you'll have some written evidence then.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
10. Re: Flying into Atlanta with Delta, Is it a good deal?

"If you buy the screwup, do they honor the price?"

Yes. Airlines typically do honor it.

The things that they don't honor are the $1.59 fares to Europe, or the 4 award miles to get to Rangoon and back in Business. But those fares were obvious errors and there were other prices also shown on the page and in the process. So yes... they sometimes make mistakes and when they do so with an arguably reasonable price (as this one appears to be) they honor it.

Take a screen shot of the ticket restrictions as show to you. U is typically *not* a fully flexible fare. So, expect trouble if you do want to change it or get a refund. As somebody said, be sure to read everything about it.

Edited: 6:40 pm, December 09, 2012