We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport reviews

Southwest France
reviews: 57
Airport reviews

I am on the road on a regular basis and wanted to give some advice on the Lyon International Airport Saint Exupéry- Lyon...getting there by plane, driving away from the airport and particularly explaining why one must be careful when using this departure point....

Why does TripAdvisor not ask its members to rate the airports they use?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: Airport reviews

TA can only do so much well. And I'd argue that it couldn't do either airline or airport reviews that well.

You can post your review on Skytrax, which does have the critical mass to make reviews worthwhile.

www.airlinequality.com/Airports/apt_forum.htm

Btw, you're very welcome to post your review here on this thread. It sounds like it would be objective, and maybe could start something. :)

Southwest France
2. Re: Airport reviews

Okay let me prepare it and put it on here. Thank you for your reply.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
3. Re: Airport reviews

I also see some airport discussions posted within the local forum boards.

Montreal Canada
reviews: 10
4. Re: Airport reviews

Hope this review will be seen by those going though O'Hara (for the first time) might save those the nightmare we had:

First time and at total nightmare, Arriving at O'Hara on one airline and transferring to another. Arrived on American transferring to United (or any other airline) There are sections where nothing but American or United are. No bulletin boards of any other airline. One arrives in the American sector and is looking for a United flight information you must find the other airlines section before you can get any information. What ever happened to a bulletin board that lists ALL airlines, also since at O'Hara for example United is in a BLUE sector the bulletin board could show all flight of United in BLUE while may be American in ORANGE or GREY helping travelers to know what sector he/she is looking for. In our case I must thank the policeman or maybe he was a customs officer for telling me it was the BLUE section for United and that I should follow those signs. We made the flight as they closed the door behind us.

Southwest France
5. Re: Airport reviews

I recent was obliged to land at Heathrow...and because of bad weather was transferred to Frankfurt International.....I am not sure whether I fell at a bad time....I have never seen so much overcrowded conditions waiting to enter the EU border crossing in FRA.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
6. Re: Airport reviews

JandM-9: Why would you not do from upfront research before navigating a new airport, such as O'Hare? In my opinion, O'Hare has a decent website which clearly shows inter-terminal options.

flychicago.com/ohare/…default.aspx

7. Re: Airport reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, March 10, 2014