We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connection at DFW

Aberdeen, United...
Connection at DFW

Hi there,

I am booking flights through the BA site, on the return leg I fly Fort Myers to Dallas to London to Aberdeen. The problem is, the change at Dallas is only 1 hour and 10 minutes!! will this be enough time? will I have to go through security, or will I have done all that in Fort Myers airport? the next flight would be the following morning. What would happen, would BA put me on the flight free of charge, and a hotel? or would I be out of pocket?

Thanks all :)

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
1. Re: Connection at DFW

Although a rather unusual routing it could be done within the 1hr 10min timeframe - the only possible delay is having to go through airport security but this will depend on whether your incoming/departing flights are at the same terminal.

For example the AA flights from Fort Myers today arrived at either a gate within the A or D terminal whilst the flights to LHR departed from the D terminal.

If you miss the connection then I would expect BA to look after you during the delay if you are in fact on a BA operated flight -if however you are on a flight operated by AA (BAs codeshare partner) then it could be the case that you're on your own.

Whatever assistance you get during the delay both airlines would get you on the next available flight i.e. a flight with empty seats. This might or might not be a direct flight from DFW to LHR.

Aberdeen, United...
2. Re: Connection at DFW

Thanks for the response :)

It is a strange routing, but its just unfortunate I live in Aberdeen and my girlfriend lives in Fort Myers!! the flights are actually supprisingly cheap :)

The flights are booked through BA - but it would be American Airlines that's the operator on both the US flights! - so if I had to change terminal I would have to go through security again? but if it was in the same terminal I wouldn't?

If I missed the flight I could go to the BA or AA desk though, and explain my ticket was booked as a through ticket, and through no fault of my own, my connection time was too short, surely they'd do something right? hopefully Dallas have a BA ticket desk!!

Hmm looks as if I may need to book a hotel near DFW so!

Thanks again!

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
3. Re: Connection at DFW

This will be a legal connection as it meets the Minimum Connection Time - in all probability you won't have any problems unless your flight from Fort Myers is delayed.

It might be useful to look at the airport website so you are familar with the layout.

http://www.dfwairport.com/

If you have any problems you would go to the AA desk as they are operating the flights - I wouldn't stress about as it's largely out of your control and as long as you don't dawdle at DFW you should be ok.

Lake Crystal...
reviews: 13
4. Re: Connection at DFW

You will not need to leave the secure area, and you can take the train to get anywhere in the airport in ten minutes. If your flight arrives at DFW on time, you'll be fine, IMO.

Aberdeen, United...
5. Re: Connection at DFW

Thank you all :)

Dallas
reviews: 6
6. Re: Connection at DFW

I work at DFW and it's a very easy place to get around! You will be fine... Have fun on your trip!

Shreveport...
reviews: 65
7. Re: Connection at DFW

The Skylink train in DFW is fast and a new Train comes like ever three minutes and very easy to use. I have to fly out of a regional airport in Louisiana to DFW to connect to international flights when I go to Europe and never had trouble getting to the international terminal easily. Your only prob would be if your flight to DFW is not on time.

You go thru security at your first airport.

8. Re: Connection at DFW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, December 17, 2013