We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Cairns - Book now or later?!!

London, United...
London to Cairns - Book now or later?!!

I am really panicking with my flight prices, and dont know whether its better to wait until January to book my flight to Cairns or get it out of the way now.

I am currently finding prices for £850 approx. and this seems quite high, but then people keep telling me to wait until after christmas so that the 'sales' are on.... someone help please.

I have been looking at flying both direct, and alternatively into Sydney and then an internal booked seperately. Ideally wish to fly between the first two weeks of Jan 2013...HELP!!

South Pole
reviews: 39
1. Re: London to Cairns - Book now or later?!!

GBP850 in ausdol terms for the reverse flight is a great price or is that a one way?

january is high season for travel to/from and within australia.

i wouldn't expect sales for that time of year now or just after xmas..

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
2. Re: London to Cairns - Book now or later?!!

You are already close to your travel dates if your planning to fly in Jan 2013 and if there is a sale in Jan 2013 it might not cover all routes/dates.

Most of the cheaper fare buckets have an advance purchase requirement, around 21 days, so on balance for that price I'd buy now.

For me the chances of the fare increasing are higher than it reducing.

Sunshine Coast...
reviews: 22
3. Re: London to Cairns - Book now or later?!!

January is peak season for flights to Australia and is only a few weeks away. That price is only likely to get higher sorry.

Berkshire, England
reviews: 61
4. Re: London to Cairns - Book now or later?!!

If that is the price for a round trip it is excellent!!!!

Scotland
reviews: 12
5. Re: London to Cairns - Book now or later?!!

£850 is a fantastic price at this late stage - grabbit quick!

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 130
6. Re: London to Cairns - Book now or later?!!

Buy ticket now for peace of mind. It's peak season, don't wait.

London, United...
reviews: 23
7. Re: London to Cairns - Book now or later?!!

The odds are at this stage, the longer you wait the more the price will start to climb again. Book it and don't look back.

Glenlyon, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
reviews: 34
8. Re: London to Cairns - Book now or later?!!

Ummm. January is mid summer. School holidays. And little more than one month away.

What of any of those reasons makes you think that any fare is going to drop???

Fares with a few exceptions will increase.....

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
9. Re: London to Cairns - Book now or later?!!

You better buy now if you want to fly in the first two weeks of Jan. The sales, if they happen, won't apply to travel within the following 21 days. If you are planning to buy a separate internal ticket, then you are probably best to fly in on Qantas. Why? Because for internal tickets, there is a big discount if you link the ticket to your international ticket, and you don't have to purchase them at the same time. But you should try to fly direct to where you want to go.

Also, if you are headed straight to CNS, then you may want to get a Brisbane flight out of Singapore than fly all the way to Syd to catch the internal flight.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
10. Re: London to Cairns - Book now or later?!!

I agree with all the others book right now as the nearer you get the more expensive the flight will become.