We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Flight cancellation.

Bracknell, United...
BA Flight cancellation.

Hi everyone.

Was due to fly to Amsterdam this morning on BA2760 from Gatwick, due to heavy snow fall in Amsterdam the flight was cancelled as was the earlier flight to. I had a friend who was flying easyjet departing gatwick at 6.10 and the flight went ahead with just over a hour delay... So the question is, how does this happen? If one easyjey make the flight why carnt BA. Also just noticed that easyjet have not cancelled any London airports to Amsterdam .

I am sorry that this is probably a silly question but it has ruined what should of been a fantastic weekend away.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
1. Re: BA Flight cancellation.

The 8:10 Easyjet flight left at 11:55

The 9:05 easyjet arrival from Amsterdam landed 10:54, the 11:05 flight isn't due until 14:50

KLM are also cancelling flights from Amsterdam

So at a guess the earlier easyJet flight got to AMS just under the wire

London, United...
reviews: 98
2. Re: BA Flight cancellation.

Yes BA are to blame for the snow !

look at Amsterdam arrivals---- many planes cancelled or very delayed

this happens all oner Europe if you book a winter break

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
3. Re: BA Flight cancellation.

I don't think the OP was blaming BA for the weather, just asking how come some planes took off and others were cancelled (which is a fair enough question I think).

Could be weather related ATC restrictions in AMS, could be BA did not want to risk diversion and/or planes being stranded at AMS.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
4. Re: BA Flight cancellation.

Sometimes pilots make the ultimate call whether to fly or not, based on their evaluations (if the airport allows). Some pasengers would prefer a fight go no matter what, while others prefer to err on the side of discretion and safety. I'm in Brazil, and can ssure you snow will not be a problem once you arrive.

Edited: 9:23 am, December 07, 2012
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
5. Re: BA Flight cancellation.

"...snow will not be a problem once you arrive."

Snow is never a problem once you arrive... it is arriving that is the problem.

;-)

London, United...
reviews: 23
6. Re: BA Flight cancellation.

I live in Brussels and there was no snow basically at 6 am,,,but it was a blizzard at 7 am. Although it had stopped by approaching noon, it was a very heavy downfall.

Although I am not in Amsterdam, it's only a 90 min drive away and have to assume they are also struggling, be it a knock on effect or not.

So yes, heavy snow in the continent this morning and many countries impacted, as flights cannot get into Belgium, at least, from other destinations and out again.

So basically this would be due to the timing of the snowfall, but as I am looking at it now, I can assure you, it definetly snowed and hard.

7. Re: BA Flight cancellation.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, December 17, 2013