We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bringing food on a plane

saint clair shores...
bringing food on a plane

Can I bring canoli on a plane or will they say no due to them having a cream like pie filling???

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
reviews: 14
1. Re: bringing food on a plane

Security may well reject them -- I think even peanut butter is often not allowed. But if you find someplace in the airport to buy them AFTER security, bring them by all means -- and enjoy!

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 42
2. Re: bringing food on a plane

If they look delicious and it's nearly morning tea time security may well confiscate them. :-)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 50
3. Re: bringing food on a plane

They took away those little cream cheese container thingies that came with our bagels when going through security in New York.

nottingham
reviews: 92
4. Re: bringing food on a plane

'they even confiscated my tiny jar of marmite as it was deemed to be a liquid!!!:(

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 26
5. Re: bringing food on a plane

mum53, if it was tiny, next time put it in you liquids bag.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
6. Re: bringing food on a plane

< 'they even confiscated my tiny jar of marmite as it was deemed to be a liquid!!!:( >

It's a WMD

norfolk
reviews: 30
7. Re: bringing food on a plane

the smallest jar of marmite is 125gm, too big for the baggy. you can get individual portions in some catering outlets. or decant it into smaller containers [preferably leakproof].

pam

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
8. Re: bringing food on a plane

OP - you will not be allowed to bring these through security, as they are deemed a liquid. If you purchase them after security, of course you can bring them on the plane. At least it's a food item that doesn't smell.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
reviews: 248
9. Re: bringing food on a plane

I would bring them on the plane.

London, United...
reviews: 23
10. Re: bringing food on a plane

Inthe garden. That's the least helpful post I have ever seen. You would take them, irrelevant of the 100 ml rules, what because it's your personal decision as to what is and is not allowed?