We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snakes on a Plane: cobra forces plane into emergency landing

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
Snakes on a Plane: cobra forces plane into emergency landing

"Passengers on an Egypt Air flight to Kuwait became the unwilling participants in an all-too-real version of the action thriller Snakes on a Plane this week, after a cobra escaped from one man's hand luggage."

telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/9723720/Sn…

If this had been on a flight from Europe, would everyone be entitled to 400 Euros compensation? It can't be an extraordinary circumstance, as there was a movie about it 6 years ago :)

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
1. Re: Snakes on a Plane: cobra forces plane into emergency landing

Wonder if it belonged to a passenger who was trying to avoid being snaked for excess baggage charges.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 343
2. Re: Snakes on a Plane: cobra forces plane into emergency landing

Wondering though whether it is that easy to find a snake when security screening a passenger... In other words, could this have been stopped by the Cairo security. Hope this stupid passenger will be charged with the diversion cost and a heavy fine!

Madrid
reviews: 7
3. Re: Snakes on a Plane: cobra forces plane into emergency landing

Hope this stupid passenger will be charged with the diversion cost and a heavy fine!

After being bitten by his own snake,this might become unneccessary.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 343
4. Re: Snakes on a Plane: cobra forces plane into emergency landing

@Rapidex: :-)

Canada
reviews: 57
5. Re: Snakes on a Plane: cobra forces plane into emergency landing

This would be the end of me. I would never fly again. Omg.. I can see the therapy bills already. I am irrationally afraid of snakes. I had one in my car once (non poisonous but still!! ). Shocked I am still alive to tell the tale of heroically pulling off to the side and running screaming from my little Honda while 7 months pregnant. Can't run off a plane mid air!

Omg. I am going to have nightmares just thinking about this. Yikes

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 8
6. Re: Snakes on a Plane: cobra forces plane into emergency landing

What a dreadful thought.

London, United...
reviews: 23
7. Re: Snakes on a Plane: cobra forces plane into emergency landing

Oh god, that's horrible, and there was I thinking a one hour delay out of London was poor this morning:))

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
8. Re: Snakes on a Plane: cobra forces plane into emergency landing

How on earth could he have got through security with a snake, I can't even get through with a pair of nail clippers.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
9. Re: Snakes on a Plane: cobra forces plane into emergency landing

Hi,

I've had two cases of pet rats/mice get loose on the aircraft.. One case was post-9/11, the other pre-9/11..

I don't know what the security process looks like on that sector, but I suspect that like it is in most places, the reality is that it's not and never will be 100% fail-proof..

... I do agree that if they're diverted for a passenger misconduct case, that the carrier-- as well as other passengers-- have a case for recovering damages. I'd tend to raise that bar to say that this would apply only if they were charged and convicted of an associated crime- therefore the costs would be rolled into the sentencing aspect.

Travel Safe,

Tees Valley
reviews: 91
10. Re: Snakes on a Plane: cobra forces plane into emergency landing

Obviously a slippery character! I'm appalled at this.

Of all the things I have to remember, I'll now be afraid to fly without Samuel L. Jackson sat next to me!

Jules