We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

allegiant airlines charging for a carry-on bag!!!????

Carthage, Illinois
reviews: 2
allegiant airlines charging for a carry-on bag!!!????

booked flight out of peoria, illinois on allegiant. i have flown them several times and know that they are the kings of nickel and diming, but paying between $15-$30 for a carry on bag?! that is the last straw for me!

San Diego...
1. Re: allegiant airlines charging for a carry-on bag!!!????

Spirit does the same, both are similar airlines so it makes sense Allegiant would follow Spirits lead.

Edited: 7:12 pm, December 05, 2012
2. Re: allegiant airlines charging for a carry-on bag!!!????

Carry on or checking your luggage....both take space and weigh something. Why should carry on be free?

Carthage, Illinois
3. Re: allegiant airlines charging for a carry-on bag!!!????

because 98% of all other airlines do not do this....you don't see this as unethical? they say it is so passengers can tailor their trip to suit their needs..who doesn't have a carry-on ...no more allegiant for me

4. Re: allegiant airlines charging for a carry-on bag!!!????

My only carry on is a purse and they don't charge for that. They only charge for carry on luggage.

San Diego...
5. Re: allegiant airlines charging for a carry-on bag!!!????

Unethical?

Are you kidding me?

Its advertised they charge this. You make the choice if you fly them or not. How can you call that unethical?

If you dont like it dont use their airline. Do you have alot of other options to fly non-stop from the craphole cities they fly from to LV? I assume for you they are much more convenient than your other options.

I suspect even with a carry on charge, their $19 rates still are less expensive than other airlines. I wont fly allegiant but for many other reasons than bag charges

Edited: 7:27 pm, December 05, 2012
birm
6. Re: allegiant airlines charging for a carry-on bag!!!????

3 exclamation point, 4 questions marks and using the word unethical.

Why unethical? They tell the customer the cost and the customer decides if they want to buy the product. The way it should be.

CO
7. Re: allegiant airlines charging for a carry-on bag!!!????

If you compare airline fees, you will probably find that allegiant is still much cheaper even with the baggage fees, than other airlines. When I fly Allegiant, I check one bag, carry on only my purse or tote. It's only a $7.00 diffference between a carry on luggage fee and checking a larger bag.

These fees started in May I believe it was of this year, so its really not so new.

Carthage, Illinois
8. Re: allegiant airlines charging for a carry-on bag!!!????

ok ok unethical is not the right word to use there...i was just pissed about the deal and didn't know until after booking. i just think it is BS.

CO
9. Re: allegiant airlines charging for a carry-on bag!!!????

It asks you and gives you the rate on the "select your seat" page, so you must have selected it before you finished booking. Did you compare other airlines and their rates?

Des Moines, Iowa
reviews: 24
10. Re: allegiant airlines charging for a carry-on bag!!!????

How could you not know about the bag fee until after booking? They make it very clear during the booking process. Take a deep breath, relax, and you may find Allegiant still is bargain for their nonstop flights.