We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best (cheapest) way to get from NYC to Cannes, France

New York
reviews: 1
The best (cheapest) way to get from NYC to Cannes, France

I booked a hotel stay in Cannes, France for me and my wife from March 16 to March 30, 2013. It was a great deal from Travelzoo. Now I am trying to book air flights. So far the cheapest fare I could find were tickets to Nice with one stop for about $980 per person (round trip).

Maybe someone can advise me a better option to get to Cannes?

Thank you.

Peter

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
1. Re: The best (cheapest) way to get from NYC to Cannes, France

Look at IcelandAir and take a train from as close as they can get you. At least that is one option to check out.

Jacksonville...
reviews: 200
2. Re: The best (cheapest) way to get from NYC to Cannes, France

$980 for Cannes isn't incredibly high. I mean, sure, it's not cheap, but I know last year at that time it was almost identical in price. Cannes is beautiful in March. Expect to pay average to above average prices.

Also, which hotel are you staying at?

Edited: 5:46 pm, December 05, 2012
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
3. Re: The best (cheapest) way to get from NYC to Cannes, France

Best and cheapest are not the same thing. I think the fare of $980 is reasonable for that route but if you're looking for cheaper options then consider a flight to London, Eurostar to Paris and train to Cannes although I have no idea if this will save you much, if anything.

It's certainly not the best option but it might be the cheapest.

surrey
reviews: 25
4. Re: The best (cheapest) way to get from NYC to Cannes, France

Try this search site -

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/search.htm

Play around with different destinations such as Nice, Paris, London etc and then you have to book direct with the airline or a travel agent.

New York
reviews: 1
5. Re: The best (cheapest) way to get from NYC to Cannes, France

Hi Ben,

The hotel I booked is called Best Western Cannes Riviera. It is located just outside of the train station, which has both its good and bad sides. If you are interested I can give you their address, phone and e-mail.

Peter

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 87
6. Re: The best (cheapest) way to get from NYC to Cannes, France

If you need the cheapest, flying may not be the best option. For example, check the prices for flying into Milan in Italy and taking the train from there - it is much closer than Paris or London. Italy and France both are in the Schengen area, so there will be no border controls.

Check also flights to Nice (aka Nizza for Germans). It is a popular destination and quite close by train to Cannes.

Edited: 6:28 pm, December 05, 2012
Canada
reviews: 42
7. Re: The best (cheapest) way to get from NYC to Cannes, France

Row boat?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
8. Re: The best (cheapest) way to get from NYC to Cannes, France

Trukish have a deal on at the moment. $770 round trip via Istanbul. Unfortunately that means a longer flight and even longer stopover there. For me that is not worth the savings unless you wanted to see Istanbul of course.

Given that you will be travelling over Easter weekend on the way back $980 is not that bad. you would need to be saving around $300 per flight to start making the extra cost/hasle/time incurred in flying to another airport and taking the train to Nice.

You got a great deal on the hotel so snap up the flight and don't look back. Either that or take the chance of a sale but remember its Easter.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
9. Re: The best (cheapest) way to get from NYC to Cannes, France

Turkish... a good choice, though I'm not keen on Istanbul.

Other ways would be...

- to get moderately good at acting or film making at a young age.

- be very beautiful and popular

- marry into wealth

- or possibly all of the above combined would give you the best shot.

Jacksonville...
reviews: 200
10. Re: The best (cheapest) way to get from NYC to Cannes, France

If you don't mind me asking, and not trying to hijack the thread, but why not too keen on Istanbul?