I travel approximately 6-10 times per year, throughout North America, and occasionally overseas. The following is a list of my concerns regarding flight UA6265 on November 29, 2012.
- We sat on the tarmack for over 2 hrs due to a lack of 'float time'. Are flight plans not confirmed prior to departure? This is a problem I have never encounter before, ever. And after the many 'untruths' we were told by United, I am adding this to the list.
- Being told we were taking off in 10 min when we had not even been de-iced. I have never seen that happen in under 10 min.
- After being grounded on the airplane for over 3 hours (float time problem & medical issue), we were greeted with a snotty customer service person who said we were delayed due to 'weather and stuff' and reluctantly allowed us to deplane while the plane needed another 1-1.5 hr delay to refuel
- Once this flight was cancelled, snotty CS agent made a snide comment about people leaving their bags on the plane (after we were told to do so when we deplaned).
- The same snotty CS agent announced to everyone waiting for their bags for over 40 min that she was also having a bad day and not to bother her with complaining anymore. This is how you train your staff?
- Another 1.5 hours was spent in line re-booking our flight for trip, only to find out later that night when we went to check in online that the person who rebooked us did not do it properly and we were on the phone with a united agent for another hour.
- When we went to check in the next morning on our US airways flight, we were told that United oversold their flight and we nearly got bumped.
- At no point, ever, were we provided with an apology, and explanation as to why the flight was cancelled (all other flights from edmonton and calgary made it to SFO that day), or an ounce of empathy for the fact that due to the lack of processes/procedures we lost a full day of our 3 day trip (for our first wedding anniversary).
I will pay more if necessary, but I will not fly with United again. You should have Westjet come retrain your staff, their customer service provides a travel experience that puts United to shame.