We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Atlantic A346- extra leg room/exit row seats?

Scotland
reviews: 4
Virgin Atlantic A346- extra leg room/exit row seats?

Hi all,

We are flying Heathrow-Delhi later this month and I wondered if anyone has paid for the extra leg room or exit row seats in Economy on this route? It would be great to know if people thought it was worthwhile?

I have also read on a few sites that the toilets are placed at right angles to the aisle (rather than with some space around, such as on other flights) so these can be very disturbing if you are sitting in an exit row seat next to them.

This is actually our honeymoon and my husband is very tall so I thought this might be a good treat (am guessing the chances of an upgrade because it's our honeymoon are slim!)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 13
1. Re: Virgin Atlantic A346- extra leg room/exit row seats?

"It would be great to know if people thought it was worthwhile? " - You will get mixed replies as whether it is worthwhile is very much a personal choice, some will say yes, others no. Only you can decide whether any additional benefits are worth the extra cost to you.

"toilets ...can be very disturbing if you are sitting in an exit row seat next to them." - I personally avoid seats close to toilets, you will be disturbed by a lot of traffic to/from the toilet as well as people simple congregating in that area.

"(am guessing the chances of an upgrade because it's our honeymoon are slim!)" - probably closer to no chance rather than slim if you're looking for a free upgrade.

Berkshire, England
reviews: 58
2. Re: Virgin Atlantic A346- extra leg room/exit row seats?

We were moved into "extra legroom" seats on our flight back from Cape Town. The girl at check-in said how lucky we were. To be quite honest, we would not have realised we were in "extra legroom" seats if we had not been told that this was the case!!! I am only 5'2" and find the economy seats on the A340 (don't think there is an A346) very cramped, so much so that we have upgraded to PE for our next flight to Cape Town in Feb.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
3. Re: Virgin Atlantic A346- extra leg room/exit row seats?

find the economy seats on the A340 (don't think there is an A346)

A346 is the designation for A340-600. When there are subtypes of the same model you'll see it abbreviated as such:

Boeing 747-400 is the 744

Airbus A330-200 is the A332

Scotland
reviews: 4
4. Re: Virgin Atlantic A346- extra leg room/exit row seats?

Thanks for the feedback. My husband is 6'5 so that's the main reason I was thinking the exit or extra legroom seats could be a good idea. Based on the reviews I've read online, I think the emergency exit seats sound like the best option....

5. Re: Virgin Atlantic A346- extra leg room/exit row seats?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, December 17, 2013