We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quantas, KLM & Thai

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 2
Quantas, KLM & Thai

Hi

I have booked and paid for flights Sydney to Rome, which have turned out to be the flights from hell. My impulsive faut. I would like to cancel and understand that there would be a cancellation fee. The travel agent that I booked through has advsed that I will loose the total cost, excluding the taxes.

The main reason that I want to cancel is because these flights are untimely and I will miss out on 2 full days in Rome.

I have since found flights that envolve only one flight change.

Can anyone advise if there is any way I can cancel without loosing too much?

The cost of the flights is $2180

SYD-NRT

NRT-AMS

AMS-ROME

I would really appreciate if anyone can offer any help.

South Pole
reviews: 39
1. Re: Quantas, KLM & Thai

marley2....quantas??????

u have let the side down!!!

lmao.

sorry cant help with your prob.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 130
2. Re: Quantas, KLM & Thai

You're prepared to lose almost AU$2K just for an extra 2 days in Rome???

australia
reviews: 17
3. Re: Quantas, KLM & Thai

You need to change your travel agent I booked MEL-FCO & CDG-MEL for $1948.

How long are the layovers at each? Who is the controlling airline. See if you can keep the pairings and extend the layover in AMS and take in some sites. Turn a bad choice into a good one

3 x 8hr flights can be good sometimes.

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
4. Re: Quantas, KLM & Thai

Only you, the travel agent and the airline(s) involved know what the rules for the fare you purchased are. Without knowing those rules there's not much anyone here can do.

What travel agent did you use?

Australia
reviews: 52
5. Re: Quantas, KLM & Thai

I'm with lien......."quantas"!!!! Marley must be from Sydaney lol

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
6. Re: Quantas, KLM & Thai

How would you know a future flight is not on time?

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
7. Re: Quantas, KLM & Thai

Contact the airline but I wouldn't rebook if there's a big cancellation fee.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
8. Re: Quantas, KLM & Thai

"The travel agent that I booked through has advsed that I will loose the total cost, excluding the taxes."

Do you have any reason to think he's wrong? It's not unusual that tickets are non-refundable except for the taxes.

If it's just the timing that's wrong, could you not just change the ticket rather than cancelling it?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 115
9. Re: Quantas, KLM & Thai

"The main reason that I want to cancel is because these flights are untimely and I will miss out on 2 full days in Rome."

___

What do you mean by untimely? I'm not sure it would have been possible to book if there is an 'illegal' connection in there - it would have been flagged at time of booking (at least by a competent TA it should have been noticed).

I'd agree with a couple of the others and say contact the airline to see if they can change it for you (at a fee) rather than cancel and rebook again.

australia
reviews: 17
10. Re: Quantas, KLM & Thai

"I'm not sure it would have been possible to book if there is an 'illegal' connection in there "

her nightmare flight will be due to long layovers at the transit stops...remember it takes 24 hours to get from Aust to Europe with minor transit time at 1 stop let alone 2 stops. No illegal connection.

Flying from Aust to Europe via China can take up to 42 hours or more...one stop has a layover of 19 hours. So I know where Marley is coming from, easy to do especially if at the time of purchase the transit times aren't prominent.