We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson stoops lower than easyjet & ryanair over handluggage

Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 1
Thomson stoops lower than easyjet & ryanair over handluggage

Recently flew on TOM182 from manchester to sanford. luggage allowance was a joke. charged me £150 to check ONE case in as we wer afew kg over! You may aswell pay the extra and fly with virgin as by the time theyve added all their extras on its the same price. Flight attendants on return journey extremely unhelpful. my daughter asked for a small glass of juice instead of tea or coffee and they said you can buy one for £2.50!

Thomson youre a joke!!!!!!

Scotland
reviews: 11
1. Re: Thomson stoops lower than easyjet & ryanair over handluggage

luggage allowance was a joke.

>>> But was presumably highlighted in your booking confirmation

charged me £150 to check ONE case in as we wer afew kg over!

>>> Well, you chose to ignore their published allowance, you chose not to pre-pay for extra luggage at a cheaper rate, and so you paid their published additional rates.

You may aswell pay the extra and fly with virgin as by the time theyve added all their extras on its the same price.

>>> Or pay for premium economy on TOM

Flight attendants on return journey extremely unhelpful. my daughter asked for a small glass of juice instead of tea or coffee and they said you can buy one for £2.50!

>>> Welcome to charter airlines. You save a three figure sum on the fare, but have to pay £2.50 for a can of juice. Sounds like a reasonable deal to me (it would also have been 'free' in premium economy).

Edited: 3:19 pm, December 03, 2012
Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Thomson stoops lower than easyjet & ryanair over handluggage

Hi

You were over the allowance by a 'few' kilos, so you knew the allowance. Tough!

Jackie

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
3. Re: Thomson stoops lower than easyjet & ryanair over handluggage

"You may aswell pay the extra and fly with virgin"

Or just follow the baggage regulations?

By the way, easyJet has one of the most generous handluggage allowances of all airlines,

Edited: 3:22 pm, December 03, 2012
London, United...
reviews: 23
4. Re: Thomson stoops lower than easyjet & ryanair over handluggage

Why are you complaining? Because you found they implemented the terms and conditions you agreed to at the time of purchase?

You knew the free luggage allowance and the charge for anything extra ( or should have done) and what refreshments were included in the flight cost.

What did you think they were doing,,,,lying to discourage people from flying with them and they really had a much bigger free luggage allowance or gave free juice? That the rules applied to everyone but you? That they were not serious and would break the rules for you?

What can be going through your mind when you write posts like this? It's made clear to you what you are purchasing, it's no secret what's in the price per class, you can't complain afterwards you only got what you paid for, and not more.

How are they a joke for complying fully with their end of the contract agreed to?

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
5. Re: Thomson stoops lower than easyjet & ryanair over handluggage

<< luggage allowance was a joke. charged me £150 to check ONE case in as we wer afew kg over! >>

Well it would have been the same joke as when you booked, so you knew what your allowances were.

Either prebook extra luggage, or upgrade to premium where you're drinks would be complimentary as well. At £150 you must have been 8 or 9 kilos over!

The rules apply to everyone.

London, United...
reviews: 23
6. Re: Thomson stoops lower than easyjet & ryanair over handluggage

This sort of thread totally bemuses me.

It's like going to a car dealer, buying a ford fiesta, then complaining like hell they did not give you a 5 series BMW when you took delivery.

What are some people thinking??

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
7. Re: Thomson stoops lower than easyjet & ryanair over handluggage

There is only one joke here and it isn't Thomson.

You will find absolutely no sympathy here David but you probably won't be back to find out why.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
8. Re: Thomson stoops lower than easyjet & ryanair over handluggage

Oh no - yet another rant from first time poster who believes the rules, which were clear when he booked, do not apply to him.

How would airlines cope if everybody thought they deserved special treatment.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 93
9. Re: Thomson stoops lower than easyjet & ryanair over handluggage

I am no fan of Thomson but rules are rules if you dont like them go with some one else.

London
reviews: 21
10. Re: Thomson stoops lower than easyjet & ryanair over handluggage

Assume by title of your post that it was your hand luggage that had to be checked in because of overweight. I only wish all airlines, chartered or scheduled would do the same. One of my pet hates is seeing passengers drag overweight or oversize hand luggage into the cabin taking up overhead storage space.