We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best seats for a couple in business class on Deltas 777 200

Naples, Florida
reviews: 16
Best seats for a couple in business class on Deltas 777 200

Hi all,

I have never flown this plane in business class and wanted to know if any of the seats are better to sit next to my husband? This is the long haul flight from Johanesburg to Atlanta. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
1. Re: Best seats for a couple in business class on Deltas 777 200

I'm afraid that none of the seats are ideal for a couple due to the herring bone layout - see link.

seatexpert.com/seatmap/…

If it was me I'd probably go for either 3/4A or 3/4D rather than the centre seats and avoid those close to toilets or the galley.

Naples, Florida
2. Re: Best seats for a couple in business class on Deltas 777 200

So sitting behind eachother is best? Not the middle seats?

Liverpool, UK
3. Re: Best seats for a couple in business class on Deltas 777 200

The middle seats have a fairly high partition between them making conversation difficult and on a herring bone layout I've found the seats in front of each other to be better.

See Youtube link with video of cabin layout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK_FafqILjk

Naples, Florida
4. Re: Best seats for a couple in business class on Deltas 777 200

I just checked and we were assigned the two middle bulk head seats. Most of the seats are already booked in the window seats. 1d or 1a ia still avaialble should I maybe change one of our seats so we are at least accross from eachother in the bulkhead up front? Is this better maybe than being in the middle up front in the first row? Thanks for your help. I should have dealt with this sooner.

Liverpool, UK
5. Re: Best seats for a couple in business class on Deltas 777 200

To be honest I don't think it makes a great deal of difference - the seat layout does not allow for easy conversation across the aisle but the footrest can be used as a "buddy seat" and seats 1 B/C mean it's easy to walk round to have a chat/share a drink compared to say seats 4B/C where you have to walk round the cabin.

Naples, Florida
6. Re: Best seats for a couple in business class on Deltas 777 200

You are awesome thank you so much. I will keep my seats the way they are then and hopefully being in bulkhead in the middle up front will allow us some ability to visit with eachother.

northampton, MA
reviews: 56
7. Re: Best seats for a couple in business class on Deltas 777 200

On Air Canada Boeing 777-300ER from Toronto to Shanghai (and back) we have would like business class seats where the two of us could talk, read to each other, etc. despite the high walls. It looks like 1d and 1g might be the best because there might be space in front of the seats to walk around. Does anyone have advice?

Canada
reviews: 27
8. Re: Best seats for a couple in business class on Deltas 777 200

zjemi,

I suggest you post your question in a new thread .....so as to receive responses that pertain to your specific query. Tagging on to an old thread for a question regarding a different Airline ....is not optimal for best responses.

kentucky
reviews: 40
9. Re: Best seats for a couple in business class on Deltas 777 200

Tom is incorrect--the "footrest" is not to be used for a seat in any row. Period. There is a sign that tells pax just that. He is correct about access across the aisle.You don't want to pass thru the galley to talk during quite times if your partner is over the other side of the A/C.

We prefer seats across the aisle but it really doesn't matter that much. You'll spend much of your time sleeping. We've done this flight in BE several times. The bulkhead is not like a typical bulkhead. Take a look at youtube videos. There are times you can't just stand at your leisure around while FAs are serving; just be aware.

Edited: 5:58 pm, May 23, 2013
northampton, MA
reviews: 56
10. Re: Best seats for a couple in business class on Deltas 777 200

You're right. The two airlines have similar seating configurations and I mistakenly thought I was posting on another site. I should stop trying to look at so many sites at once. ;-)