We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

Philadelphia...
reviews: 158
Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

I have read here that Hawaiian gets good reviews, but I have been unable to find any reviews of Go. Any opinions? Thanks

24 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
1. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

Do you have google on your computer?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/go-airlines-honolulu

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
2. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

Hi,

Compared to Hawai'ian, Go! is a new entrant to the Hawai'i market..

Also do know that Go! also tends to attract some passionate viewpoints in light of closure of what was then, the island's #2 carrier- Aloha Airlines..

I've flown Go! several times and HA more times than I can count (I am a Hawai'i resident).. Given that most all inter-island markets are in the :60 or less range, I personally do not find a whole lot of differentiation between them.. Yes, HA tends to have more frequency, and in major markets, uses larger aircraft, but again, given that the flight times are short (sub- one hour) I find that these flights are very utilitarian in nature.

If it were me, I'd take whomever presents you the best fare and times.

Travel Safe,

Philadelphia...
3. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

When I wrote this simple request, I wondered how long it would take for someone to find fault and post a snide/sarcastic response. It didn't take long - barely 12 minutes.

GOPBI - Thank you or your helpful comment.

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
4. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

It took me about 12 seconds to find reviews of Go airlines.....

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
5. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

Aloha, Jed3,

Come on over to the Hawaii forums. You'll find some lively discussions about the various island airlines and plenty of opinions.

I prefer HA, for numerous reasons.

Which island(s) will you be visiting?

Aloha

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
6. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

For our short OGG-KOA flight next January, we chose based largely on the type of plane. Preferred the larger ones used by HA. To others, it doesn't matter. Also carry-on and checked baggage rules are different.

Edited: 8:47 am, December 01, 2012
Philadelphia...
7. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

Aloha, jet 83 and Sutter- We will be going to Hawaii, Maui, Molokai, Kauai, Lanai, and Oahu. Looks interesting. Mahalo for asking and the info.

Numbat - Congratulations.

Aloha 'oe.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 25
8. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

For our last HA interisland flights (back in April) we had a sched change. I was notified by email, a phone call and a text message, all with the new flight info and a phone number to call if the rebooked flight was not suitable. I thought that was pretty good customer service.

The boarding announcement for our HNL-LIH flight was something like this: " Hawaiian Airlines flight xx, to Lihue, will start boarding now. Please don't fall over each other."

You will find more info re: the two airlines on the (friendly) Hawaii forums.

9. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, December 30, 2012

Aiea
reviews: 2
10. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

Bad experience on GO delayed and canceled flights in dec 2012. Take Hawaiian airlines or Island Air instead

Reply to: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted