We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

so high

so high

Hello,

My hubby, daughter and I will be flying to Jamaica in April and the airfare pp is running about $640, which seems expensive. I've never flown there so I'm not sure if the fare is spot on or exuberant, can someone whose flown there give any insight?

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 84
1. Re: so high

That's impossible to answer; from where are you flying and when? Airfares will always be high during spring break to most vacation spots.

2. Re: so high

Flying from Norfolk, VA on April 1st

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 84
3. Re: so high

As Easter is March 31 this year, I think fares will be high. I don't see anything around your dates at a lower price than you found.

4. Re: so high

Bah humbug, lol...I did see a flight out of Washington DC for $ 480 but is it worth driving. 2 1/2 hours?

Edited: 11:47 am, November 30, 2012
London, United...
reviews: 23
5. Re: so high

Only you can decide that, I'm not sure Gracie boo can make that decision for you. Is it worth driving two and a half hours to save over five hundred bucks. For some yes, for others no.

Indian River...
reviews: 2
6. Re: so high

I have to drive either 2 or 3 1/2 hours to get to an airport to fly anywhere! So yes, I say it is worth the drive.

South Pole
reviews: 39
7. Re: so high

with driving u have to take gas and parking costs as well as may be accommo costs (depending on flight times) also into consideration.

Indian River...
reviews: 2
8. Re: so high

Well you would have parking at any airport you fly out of. So that one is pretty much even

Unless there is bad weather, we don't drive and then stay overnight no matter the flight time. I have a 7 am flight on Sunday, small airport so only need to be there an hour early, 2 hour drive time. We are just leaving home at 4 in the morning. No traffic that way.

You do need to figure in gas, but you will be saving $480 total on the 3 tickets. That is not a small amount.

9. Re: so high

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, December 17, 2013