We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 70 minutes enough time to connect between Heathrow termin

Glasgow, Scotland...
Is 70 minutes enough time to connect between Heathrow termin

Hi there,

Is 70 minutes enough time to connect between Heathrow terminals 1 & 5?

We’re planning on flying with BA from Edinburgh to Rome, via Heathrow. We need to be in Rome as early as possible and can’t fly a day earlier due to other commitments.

So my questions are really:

1) Will BA transfer the luggage between the flights within 70min? It will be a through ticket we will purchase.

2) I assume, if they transfer the luggage for us, we don’t have to go to the check-in desk at terminal 5?

3) Can you actually get between the two terminals and through security in 70min or less? I’m a BA Silver card holder so I can use the fast track security line. It will be a Saturday morning on the first weekend of July if that makes a difference.

London, United...
reviews: 17
1. Re: Is 70 minutes enough time to connect between Heathrow termin

I think you'll find that all BA Edinburgh flights arrive at Terminal 5 - not Terminal 1.

Your bag will be checked through so you don't have to worry about it once it's checked in at Edinburgh.

At Terminal 5 you will need to go to Flight Connections and throught the security check at least 35 minutes before your Rome flight is due to depart, so as long as your inbound flight is on time then 70 minutes should be fine.

Edited: 9:15 am, November 30, 2012
Glasgow, Scotland...
2. Re: Is 70 minutes enough time to connect between Heathrow termin

Thanks, yeah I must have looked at some odd site to give me the wrong terminal info. As BA just confirmed with me on the phone it's T5 the flight arrives at.

London, United...
reviews: 23
3. Re: Is 70 minutes enough time to connect between Heathrow termin

Yes, t5 is usually quite efficient. However much depends on the arrival of your inbound flight. However if al one ticket, BA need to put you on the next available flight with seats, if you miss your one, that may be the next day or whenever.

But if this really is your only option, then it's your only option, it's definetly doable barring any hiccups on the day with the inbound.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
4. Re: Is 70 minutes enough time to connect between Heathrow termin

Yes, it will be enough time, just follow the signs for connecting flights and as it's a through flight booked on one ticket if you your incoming flight is late and you miss the connection they'll put you on the next available flight.

Scotland
reviews: 12
5. Re: Is 70 minutes enough time to connect between Heathrow termin

Are all the ex-BD rotations from EDI definitely in T5 now?

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
6. Re: Is 70 minutes enough time to connect between Heathrow termin

The ones I checked yes....but OP can do the same

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 364
7. Re: Is 70 minutes enough time to connect between Heathrow termin

I doubt the booking system would allow a 70 minutes connecting time if a terminal change was required... Anyway Alan confirmed it will be T5 to T5. So no particular issue: 70 minutes is enough ... unless of course the inbound flight is very late (I think 45 minutes is the absolute minimum connecting time at T5)...

8. Re: Is 70 minutes enough time to connect between Heathrow termin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, December 17, 2013