We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KLM 747-400 Combi Economy Comfort Seats

CMI, IL
Level Contributor
14 posts
25 reviews
KLM 747-400 Combi Economy Comfort Seats

Hello

Does someone can give a review/opinion on KLM 747-400 Combi Economy Comfort seats?.

I am traveling AMS-ORD soon and would like to know what seat to choose. Is the 11D a good choice?

Thanks

S.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
412 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: KLM 747-400 Combi Economy Comfort Seats

Hi

We sat on the seats in front, 10 D and E. We chose these because you get even more legroom and no one reclining in front of you. I would say that 11 D and E are also good seats. Its nice and quiet in that part of the cabin and the seat is a little wider than the seats we had. Economy comfort seats are worth the money, in my opinion.

It was even better on the way out as we got a free upgrade to business!

Edited: 3:05 am, November 30, 2012
CMI, IL
Level Contributor
14 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: KLM 747-400 Combi Economy Comfort Seats

katieNotts

Thanks for your reply, According to KLM's website there are not 10D and E seats. You are probably talking about 11 D and E which are the first to EC seats by the wall. klm.com/travel/…747-400Combi.htm

I am happy for you that they upgraded you to BZ.

Thanks again.

Edited: 8:14 am, November 30, 2012
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
412 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: KLM 747-400 Combi Economy Comfort Seats

I thought the ones we had were 11 D AND E seats but when i hovered over them they were referred to as 10 D and E .

So, you are asking about one of the 2 front seats? A good choice, in my opinion. The aisle seat has more legroom than the window seat because of the curvature of the wall in front of the seats.

CMI, IL
Level Contributor
14 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: KLM 747-400 Combi Economy Comfort Seats

I tend to go with 11E (by the wall) because there is enough space to lay stuff on the floor.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
412 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: KLM 747-400 Combi Economy Comfort Seats

Yes, that did come in useful and there is still plenty of legroom with that seat anyway!

CMI, IL
Level Contributor
14 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: KLM 747-400 Combi Economy Comfort Seats

Thank you for your input.

Have a nice weekend

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,049 posts
307 reviews
7. Re: KLM 747-400 Combi Economy Comfort Seats

I like 11 e by the wall.

8. Re: KLM 747-400 Combi Economy Comfort Seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, December 17, 2013