We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France Premium Voyageur " THE WORST"

miami
reviews: 3
Air France Premium Voyageur " THE WORST"

“ Air France Premium Voyageur " The Worst Airline" ”

hoy, 17:55

AIR FRANCE Transcontinental offers PREMIUM VOYAGEUR.Very Expensive flight fare for nothing.Bad customer service ,uncomfortables seats, no recline,bad meals,no entrances to air france lounges you have a differnt cabin from economic class but you cant use the bathroom near to your cabin, you need to go to the rear at the airplane to use restrooms.I´ll never fly again in Air France.Too high prices and low confort beside they offered services that you cant use for this high rate.I´d prefer to fly in lufthansa or British airways next time..

24 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 93
1. Re: Air France Premium Voyageur " THE WORST"

Isn't Premium Voyageur simply a premium economy cabin? Can you tell me which other airline provides lounge access for the same level unless you have status with them.

As for your opinion of expensive fares and bad customer service; you were happy to pay the fare at time of booking and generally when someone complains of bad customer service it is because he/she didn't get what they wanted.

Melbourne
reviews: 1
2. Re: Air France Premium Voyageur " THE WORST"

Did you do any research before you booked?

Looking at the Air France website (for AU) I get the following information about P/E*:

"The new Premium Voyageur cabin enables customers to move on from the comfort of the economy cabin to a dedicated private seat area in Premium Voyageur which is characterized by:

* 40% additional space

* a completely new seat equipped with a fixed shell which guarantees passengers´ space and privacy. The seat is 48 cm wide, with a 123° seat back recline.Wide leather arm rests (10cm); a seat pitch of 97cm and lots of legroom;

* a 10.4 inch (26cm) wide individual video screen;

* amenities from the Affaires (Business) cabin such as the travel kit, a bottle of water, noise-reducing headphones, a feather pillow and a pure new wool blanket;

* 2 Pieces of baggage - maximum 23kg baggage allowance per piece effective 01 April 2011"

Did your seat actually have "no recline", where were you flying from and to?

Ah well, value for money is always subjective, and it doesn't sound like your experience was really "the worst". Was this perhaps your first experience with an airline class other than first?

Expectations and experiences of seat comfort, meals, service will vary from customer to customer. Personally I'd probably take a P/E product over a standard Economy product any day, but I'm not that fussed about lounge access and I don't expect 5 star dining, nor do I expect the cabin crew to fawn over me.

I expect the airline to get me (and my luggage) safely from A to B (+/- via C). If I also get on-demand entertainment and something edible then I'm happy as a clam - after all, at that point - I'm on holiday!!! An average flight in economy is still better than a day at work :)

*this is from AU where the flights tend to be longer, possibly they have other P/E products on shorter trips.

Melbourne
reviews: 1
3. Re: Air France Premium Voyageur " THE WORST"

Edit time expired - but checked Air France website and they do have different P/E products for intercontinental/Carribean/Indian Ocean and flights within Europe/North Africa/Israel

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
4. Re: Air France Premium Voyageur " THE WORST"

>> no recline <<

It looks like they have the shell seat recline pioneered, and then retracted, by Cathay Pacific. So definitely a recline available, as per this rather long video from a passenger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDJup06CAQs

5. Re: Air France Premium Voyageur " THE WORST"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, November 27, 2012
Edited: 3:35 am, November 27, 2012

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
6. Re: Air France Premium Voyageur " THE WORST"

^^^^^

That's a ridiculous comparison. JetKonnect/JetLite is the domestic LCC arm of Jet Airways. I've flown them and they are fine as an LCC, with buy everything on board ($5 for a sachet of instant coffee) and a tiny seat pitch.

But to compare a domestic LCC with Air France intercontinental is ludicrous.

Methinks a bit of trip trap trolling above.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
7. Re: Air France Premium Voyageur " THE WORST"

So basically the OP get exactly that he'd paid for but had failed to do any research into what that would be beforehand, resulting in unrealistic expecations. Not the first time we see this sort of worthless complaint in here.

UK
reviews: 77
8. Re: Air France Premium Voyageur " THE WORST"

So basically the OP get exactly that he'd paid for but had failed to do any research into what that would be beforehand

======

Apart from "no recline" . So either he is lying, there was a fault with his seat, or he didn't know how to make it recline and didn't ask.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
9. Re: Air France Premium Voyageur " THE WORST"

Or "no recline" means "not as much recline as I expected", though I guess you could argue that falls in the lying category :)

Edited: 4:42 am, November 27, 2012
Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 260
10. Re: Air France Premium Voyageur " THE WORST"

Short haul premium economy is not the same product than on long haul flights. Reply #2 is about the latter. Of course if this is what the OP was expecting on a European flight, he could only be disappointed! airfrance.ch/CH/…premium_economy.htm is very clear about it...

Reply to: Air France Premium Voyageur " THE WORST"
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted